Reload this Page >

Credit Card Acceptance

Search

Credit Card Acceptance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Rick

Credit Card Acceptance

Do the opera houses in Prague accept credit cards for payment. I Heard somewhere that they were cash only. Any insight? Thanks

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 02:37 PM
Christina

I've been there and went to the Opera and can't say as I reserved my ticket ahead of time thru a ticket agency from the US and used a CC for that. That was important to me as there was a specific performance I wanted to see and I wanted a good seat. I used www.ticketpro.com, you pick them up in Prague at their office, it's right near Wenceslaus Sq. In any case, if that is true, do not worry as they are very cheap and nothing like opera tickets in the US, Paris, etc (where they can cost $100+ a seat). They are really cheap, maybe $10-25 for good seats, so you can easily get enough cash from an ATM to buy them if you go to the box office there. I would suspect they might take CCs now, though, a lot of places in Prague do. I know the company that puts on concerts and some opera (tourist concerts) in local churches accepts credit cards (Opera Prague, Open Air Ltd), so I would guess the main opera houses do, but cannot say for sure.

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 02:38 PM
Christina

sorry that was www.ticketpro.cz

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 06:21 PM
Gloria

Hi, Rick, <BR>We booked tickets to the Prague National Opera House online and you are right in that they so not accept credit cards. They will email you a confirmation number that you need to have to pick up the tickets prior to the performance. <BR>If you need more information let me know. I have the address. We're going too, can't wait. <BR>Have a wonderful trip. <BR>Gloria

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 10:20 AM
debbie

Dear Gloria, <BR>I'd love to have the online address for opera tickets in Prague....will be there in early May. <BR>Thanks, debbie