Covid Testing in Switzerland

Old Oct 8th, 2021, 08:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Covid Testing in Switzerland

Covid testing in Switzerland:
I am considering a trip in very early May 2022.
At this time (I know a LOT can change),
the US requires a negative Covid test within 72 hrs of reentry.
Anyone with advice as to easiest, cheapest, fastest place to get tested before reentering the US? Any experience with US insurance reimbursing cost?
Old Oct 9th, 2021, 01:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finding testing places has become easy here since many people don't want to vaccinate so they need testing to go into restaurants, etc. Testing used to be free but now they are charging as another measure to get people to vaccinate. Prices may vary but I found these prices at a Zürich testing center:
  • Antigen-Test: Fr. 60.-
  • PCR-Test: Fr. 137.
Zürich airport also offers testing. I believe the prices there are higher so personally, I'd get a test wherever you find yourself 1-2 days before your flight departs back to the US. Reservations may be mandatory by next spring but things are always changing. I personally would reserve a time slot to make sure you get an appointment at your convenience.

Good luck

Old Oct 9th, 2021, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for responding kleeblatt!
Old Oct 9th, 2021, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

I found the Benu testing centre in Luzern Hbf offering rapid antigen test for 60 CHF. This site will likely be most convenient for me.

Now what about the Swiss "Covid Certificate" for dining out and visiting museums, etc?
It looks to be 30 CHF, and can be gotten after providing info to the agency online. Is this true? Not enough to just show a vaccination card?
Old Oct 9th, 2021, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

onedoc.ch proved to be a good site for finding testing centers and costs.
For any travelers with die Schweiz in their cross sights!
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mokka4 View Post
I found the Benu testing centre in Luzern Hbf offering rapid antigen test for 60 CHF. This site will likely be most convenient for me.

Now what about the Swiss "Covid Certificate" for dining out and visiting museums, etc?
It looks to be 30 CHF, and can be gotten after providing info to the agency online. Is this true? Not enough to just show a vaccination card?
i know restaurants are requiring to see the covid certificate. I don’t know if just having a vaccination card is enough. If you have money and time, I’d pay to get the Swiss covid certificate. It makes life so much easier here.
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by kleeblatt View Post
i know restaurants are requiring to see the covid certificate. I don’t know if just having a vaccination card is enough. If you have money and time, I’d pay to get the Swiss covid certificate. It makes life so much easier here.
Not just your vaccine certificate, official ID as well (for Americans, I suppose a driver's license will also work, doesn't have to be a passport, but it can't be a copy, has to be an original). I guess they want to make sure that it's really your certificate instead of you just bringing along someone else's). I've been out to eat a few times in the last two weeks with friends and with my husband. In all cases, they checked both certificates and IDs either before seating us or before taking our orders. At the restaurant tonight they turned away someone who had his certificate but no ID. Fortunately, he was only 5 mins from where he was staying, so he quickly went back and got it.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 08:34 AM

About 3X the price for antigen tests in neighboring France and Italy.