Costa Riviera cruise

Aug 30th, 1997, 12:28 PM
Dana

Costa Riviera cruise

I am sailing on the Costa Riviera in october. Has anyone had any experience with this ship?

Oct 12th, 1997, 06:29 AM
Barb

DANA, My husband and I are sailing Jan.28,'98
from Savona to Madeira,Canary Islands, Morroco and Barcelona,and I am having trouble finding anyone else on that departure, or anyone with info about this cruise. Enjoy your trip and write to me with your feedback when you return. Ciao!

Oct 14th, 1997, 04:59 AM
maria maddalena-richey

I just got back from my honeymoon which we spent on tbe COSTA ROMANTICA. I know it's not the same ship but it's the same company. Put it this way, if you're American and you're sailing in the Meditteranean then DO NOT expect this ship to be anything like what one would usually find when sailing on a ship that caters to the US clientele. Not only was the ship unsatisfactory but the service was deplorable!! We finally asked the crew why they all had such negative attitudes towards the passengers and they were very honest - THEY HATE COSTA! They are poorly treated by their employer and terribly overworked and underpayed although I dont know how they could be overworked because more than once I was actually refused a simple request such as could I have a spoon so that I can eat cereal in my cabin. Th food was way way way below par. I will never sail COSTA again. By the way, you may want to check with COSTA - I thought the Romantica burned-up at sea near Cyprus a few weeks ago.

Oct 14th, 1997, 05:02 AM
maria maddalena

A correction to my previous posting. I must be asleep. I sailed the Classica not the Romanitca. But no matter which ship, Riviera, Classica, Victoria etc. they're all the same if you sail in the Meditteranean.

Oct 16th, 1997, 06:11 AM
Marcie

Just returned from a Med. cruise but not on Costa. We were on the Marco Polo and LOVED it. The ship and the Filipino crew were absolutely wonderful. We've been on many cruises (this was our first to the Med.) and this was our best. I'm not sure if I'm catching you in time, but if you could still switch...I'd sure recommend Marco Polo (sorry to read the other remarks about Costa and the employee dissatisfaction) Marcie