Costa del Sol resorts?

Dec 5th, 2001, 07:51 AM
Roger

Costa del Sol resorts?

I am looking for a luxury resort along the Costa del Sol in Spain. Will be honeymooning there in April and would like a quiet but very comfortable place to spend a few days. Thanks.

Dec 5th, 2001, 09:14 AM
lisa

Roger -- Congratulations on your engagement!

My husband and I also honeymooned in Southern Spain in September 2000. We recommend Las Dunas in Estepona. It's a "leading hotels of the world." The hotel is beautiful, the service impeccable, the food wonderful, and it's not in touristy Marbella. An added plus -- they can get you tee times at virtually every great golf course, including Valderama. We highly recommend it.

Dec 5th, 2001, 11:12 AM
Maribel

Roger,
I'd like to second Lisa's rec of Las Dunas in Estepona-a full scale luxury resort in a less hectic part of the coast.
In addition, you might want to consider the 5 star Puente Romano or its sister hotel, the Marbella Club, just west of Marbella on the exclusive "Golden Mile", on the way to the tony yacht harbor of Puerto Banus. These two share their own golf club and a new Thalasso Spa. The Marbella Club's bungalows ("casitas") are particularly nice and private for honeymooners. Both are members of "Leading Hotels of the World" too and quite pampering. In the red Michelin guide they've been given, as has Las Dunas, the coveted 5 gable red symbol for particular charm and peaceful atmosphere.
www.marbellaclub.com
www.puenteromano.com

And if you're avid golfers, there's the new Westin La Quinta Golf and Country Club.
www.westin-marbella.com

For a honeymoon, I wouldn't choose Marbella's Los Monteros, because with its children's program it's geared more towards families.
Hope this helps and congratulations!
Maribel

Dec 5th, 2001, 11:47 AM
xxxxx

Try La Manga resort (In Marbella I think - Do a web search)
5 star resort with many leisure facilities (Golf etc)Many celebs stay there and the England Football team often trains there.

Dec 5th, 2001, 11:56 AM
Maribel

Roger,
La Manga is "Sports Central" and the tennis capital of the Spanish resorts. Located near Cartagena on the Mar Menor in the Murcia region on the south eastern coast, not on the Costa del Sol, though.
http://lamanga.hyatt.com

Dec 6th, 2001, 07:25 AM
lisa

Here's a link to the English language version of Las Dunas's website:

http://www.las-dunas.com/recepi.htm

Dec 6th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Matt

Congradulations!

My Honeymoon was in October, and before heading to Seville and Granada, we started at the Marbella Club. It was the perfect way to start!

After the wedding and the travel, we were exhausted, and we needed a few days of pampering. The Marbella Club upgraded us to a suite (a nice wedding present!) with a terrace overlooking a private garden. We ate half our meals there....great room service! The grounds are very pretty, all gardens, with a very nice path along the beach.

If you are looking for activity, there are probably better choices. But if you are looking for a quiet, full service resort, for lounging, eating, and being pampered, I dont think there can be a better choice!