Search

Costa del Sol

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 03:52 PM
Michelle

Costa del Sol

Hi, <BR> <BR>I'm looking for places to stay around Sept 20, for 5 nights. Is Marbella or Torrelimos best. It's the end of our honeymoon trip and want it to be relaxing. Ideally want a place near the beach and a room that faces the sea(maybe even a terrace/patio). <BR> <BR>Also, any advice about going to Morocco. We have about 5 days scheduled for going to Fez and Marakesh

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 04:49 PM
Judi

I suggest you go to Nerja which is a wonderful little town on the Costa del Sol without the "Miami Beach" look. Email me direct if you would like more information on Nerja. We have been there twice, each time for two weeks, and we love it. <BR>

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 06:07 PM
Susan

We own a wonderful little 2 BR condo in Mijas Costa (near Fuengirola, on the town border with Marbella)you can sit on our patio and watch the sunset over the sea. It is about a 10 minute walk to the beach. We have a pool. We have a new queen bed in the master BR, a new master bath, a new kitchen (new last year, the complex is about 15 years old). Several of our friends kids have spent their honeymoons there and have loved it. If you are clean and neat people - and will treat it well, send us an email and we'll talk about renting it to you. Otherwise: Fuengirola is a very touristy town with high rise apt buildings but really good restaurants and a big British population. Marbella is more of a jet set town where the hotels will probably be more expensive - it is more romantic and picturesque. In any case, you will have fun - be sure to go to Rhonda!

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 04:21 AM
frank

Avoid Torremolinos, it tends not to get the best class of traveller.Susan's advice on Fuengirola is good, it's a bit less absurd than most resorts.

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 05:17 AM
miriam

Hi Michelle, <BR>I second the advice-avoid Torremolinos! It`s the most horrible place I`ve ever been to in Spain besides Lloret de Mar-and for a romantic honeymoon-unthinkable. <BR>I think you will like Judi`s idea, Nerja is wonderful and if you want the shop-till-you-drop thing or want to see half Europe crammed into some sqare km, then take a tour to Torremolinos. <BR> <BR>Have fun <BR> <BR>Miriam