Cost for LUNCH at Taillevent?

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:11 AM
sandy

Cost for LUNCH at Taillevent?

Already booked this - is going to be our big splurge meal. Have found their dinner menu, but nothing for lunch. Am wondering how much I should budget for this event? Has anyone lunched there recently?

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:30 AM
maria

I'm so envious!!!!! We had lunch there 4 yrs. ago, so I'm sure there has been some inflation but it came to about $130 per person( we were a group of 5). we had aperitifs( I believe we had kir royales), appetizer, main course, dessert, bottle of wine and at least 2 in the group had an after lunch drink. We had budgeted $150/PP , so we felt it was not that bad. The food was magnificent and the service is out of this world. Monsieur Vrinat( the owner), personally took our order. From what I understand he is usually at the restaurant overseeing things. Any q's, pls. e-mail. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 10:34 AM
John G

As in any great restaurant, it all depends on the wine you order. In restaurants such as Taillevent, you can order a bottle of wine for $100 or $10,000. And let me say that the $100 bottle will be the absolute cheapest you can order.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 10:42 AM
Wendy

I just had dinner at Taillevent in Jan. and there are wines under $100 on the menu. They have a fantastic range from about $50 and up.They also have quite a few demi bottles. I would think that $150 per person should get you a fantastic meal!
BTW you made a steller choice, this restaurant is really top notch- food, service and atmosphere like no where else! Enjoy!! When are you going?

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 10:58 AM
Leone

For lunch, two people, fixed price, decent wine, VAT and gratuity ... plan on at least $400. Some may disagree. Afterward, do post and give us the breakdown. Have you looked at their menu on their website? Last time I looked, it seemed to be in dollars, not FF or E. You may wish to ask Taillevent to give you an update. I wonder why most select Taillevent - yes, I know. But there are some others in Paris, less traditional, more cutting edge. But do post and tell us all about it. Have a great time. It will no doubt be wonderful. Ciao

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 11:09 AM
x

No offense to Leon's comment, but I think for most of Taillevents clientle, if you need to ask for a price update, you probably can't afford it.

That said, $200 per person would be about right for lunch and a nice bottle of wine.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 12:34 PM
jenna

I wouldn't follow Leona's advice of contacting Taillevent to ask for an update of their prices. That seems pretty tacky. It's fair to say that it will be around $150 per person with wine, give or take a few dollars. if you're prepared to spend this much money, will you change your mind if they tell you it is $200 PP instead? If the answer is yes, you shouldn't go there in any event. You'll probably feel uncomfortable in that environment

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 12:35 PM
what?

You made the reservation before looking at prices?

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 12:51 PM
Aude

I would take $400-500 for lunch. I am with Leone, there are other places that you can have a wonderful experience without the price. Have a good time anyway. By the way, to save money skip the wine.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 01:27 PM
sandy

We are going on the 17th of February. The meal is not price dependent (am not going to change my mind if it is $50more or less) - I just want to be prepared. Seems we should count of $150 - $200 per person... Thanks!

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 01:33 PM
Ignoramous

How do you pronounce Taillevent?

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 01:35 PM
Wendy

Sandy you will have a fantastic time!! BTW our dinner for 2 with multiple drinks and bottles of wine was just under $500 so what you are counting on for lunch will be perfect. Can't wait to hear a full report when you get back! We were chatting it up with the Maitre D' while waiting for our cab to arrive and he gave us menus to bring home. They just had to reprint from Franc to Euro so they couldn't use them anymore. Very fun to frame and put up in the kitchen! Definately save room for dessert! You will both be so happy!!!

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 02:26 PM
ryan

Aude,
Skip the wine!! They guillotine people in France for that!!

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 02:39 PM
jenna

Aude,

What do you suggest instead ? A diet coke? You know how the french call that? Le beajoulais de america! LOL!!!

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 04:03 PM
Aude

I merely suggested they skip the wine since it was mentioned that $100.00 was the cheapest. I do not know what sort of a budget this lady is on. Plus, I am tired of these posts. What do you expect when you pick a restaurant like Taillevent? It is expensive. If you have to ask then you obviously are not truly prepared for such an experience. There you are finger pointers..back at you.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 05:20 PM
John G

You don't have to order wine if you don't want to. No one is going to shoot you. Some people don't drink. Period. You can get away with this especially at lunch because few business people drink during working hours. I just had lunch at the Groucho Club in London and almost everyone was drinking bottled water. And believe me, these people can afford Chateau d'Yquem.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 05:26 PM
mimi taylor

John, you eat at all the best places, how about treating me sometime...with wine!

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 05:50 PM
John G

Mimi, it helps to work for an international company that sends you places, an expense account, and friends who are rich and well connected. On my own, it is Vietnamese take-away.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 06:05 PM
mimi taylor

Lucky you with a great job. Any one with a job, travel or not, is so lucky -if you really love your job, it can keep you happy and healthy.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 06:42 PM
Aude

Chateau d'Yquem is a dessert wine. You would never have that at lunch.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -