Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Corfu Hotels/Villas - Any Recommendations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 09:02 AM
suzy

After having visited Corfu ten years ago and done the backpack/hostel thing, I would now like to take my husband to the island for a few weeks and stay somewhere really special. My memories are very vague and probably out of date. Can anyone recommend a smallish hotel/villa/pensione that is reasonably priced (or more, if it's just fantastic)? Thank you! SW

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Elaine

Some websites for you to have a look at - www.vch.co.uk/villas/main.htm <BR>www.simply-travel.com/ <BR>www.travelalacarte.co.uk/ <BR>all 3 of these have some fabulous villas. If you want more, try these general Corfu sites - <BR>www.corfuhomepage.com/en/welcomee.html <BR>www.corfu-net.gr/html/tourism.html <BR>You'll probably find a few changes since you last visited, but Corfu is still a beautiful island if you steer clear of the main tourist resorts. Generally speaking, the further north you go, the better. <BR>

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 02:04 PM
suzy

Thanks Elaine! Those websites were very helpful! sw

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 06:36 AM
x

I just wanted to refresh this topic, I am wondering if anyone has had any good experiences with any villas in particular on Corfu??

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:46 AM
x

I just wanted to refresh this topic, I am wondering if anyone has had any good experiences with any villas in particular on Corfu??

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 09:13 AM
x

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Carolina

I visit Corfu every year for 2 months. E-mail me directly if you want reccommendations on hotels. What time of year are you planning to go? What is your budget for a hotel room? What type of thing do you want to do?<BR>I stay in Moraitika, 20 km south of Corfu Town. There are a couple of good hotels there and a reasonable but not great beach. There are quite a few tavernas etc. and it is pretty easy to get to Corfu Town. I often take a taxi to a wonderful beach about 15 mins. drive away. <BR>Carolina