Cordon Bleu vs. Ritz Escoffier?

Dec 26th, 2000, 06:39 AM
jeff

Cordon Bleu vs. Ritz Escoffier?

My wife and I will be in Paris in February 2001. As a break fro all the sightseeing and shopping we would like to take a 2-3 hour cooking class. I have read lots of postings from people who were planning to do something similar, but nothing from them after they returned. Is it fun? Interesting? Is there any English translation available? Are reservations necessary? If so, how do you make them? Finally, any suggestions on Cordon Bleu vs. Ritz Escoffier? Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Dec 26th, 2000, 06:59 AM
elvira

I took a class and also a demonstration at l'Escoffier. Chef speaks French; he has a sous chef with him who translates into English (even if Chef speaks English, it's easier than if he had to flip/flop between two languages; it's also a great way to brush up on your French - no pressure to understand Chef). Cordon Bleu has the same arrangement.

I found the class and demo just wonderful! Expecting to be a schlub amongst trained chefs, I was delighted to find mostly home cooks in the class - a couple of chefs-in-training, and they were VERY nice, not at all condescending or "what the hell are you doing here" - and Chef was extremely patient and helpful. I felt I learned a great deal in the class.

I also took classes from women who teach in their homes, and also learned a great deal from them. If you'd like info on those chefs, as well as l'Escoffier, feel welcomed to email me directly. YES YOU MUST MAKE RESERVATIONS ASAP - CLASSES FILL VERY **VERY** FAST!