Cordoba or Toledo

Old Aug 21st, 2006, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cordoba or Toledo

My husband and I are traveling to Spain for the first time later this fall. We have 8 days and have decided to see Sevilla, Granada and Barcelona (although we are flying in and out of Madrid). We are going to be using the high speed trains and also in-country flights to save time. IF we have time to see another city on a day trip, or in transit to one of our detsinations, would you recommend Toledo or Cordoba?

Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 08:36 AM

Of the 8 days, how much were you thinking about in each city mentioned?

If you're flying in & out of Madrid, why not spend some time there? With only 8 days, I think taking 2 half-days to fly to & from Barcelona (I'm assuming you're flying) may not be the best use of your time. If it were me, I'd save Barcelona for a future trip or else see if you can fly either into it or out of it.

I know it's hard to cut a city out when you really want to see it, but you need to think about how much time you'll really have there.
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 09:20 AM

I would have to agree with alan64. This just seems way too frantic. (And normally frantic doesn't bother me)

However, if this is the itinerary you are staying with, than I would have to say go with Cordova. It involves less "backtracking," and the Mezquita could be done in a few hours, I suppose.
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 09:31 AM

If you were do Madrid instead of Barcelona, then you could do a day trip to Toledo from Madrid (very easy by train), and see Cordoba on the way down to Sevilla.

If you stick with your initial plan, then I agree with Chele60 that Cordoba makes more sense since it's on the train line to Sevilla.
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 09:38 AM

I agree, it all fits except Barcelona which always fits better with the south of France. In only 8 days you do very well to see 3 places.
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 10:16 AM

I have never been to Cordoba, but I was in Toledo just 3 years ago. Took some beautiful photos and bought plenty of Toledo Gold (Oro) to bring back to family and friends. Toledo is an easy day trip from Madrid...which you should consider spending some time in. Lots to see!!
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 02:04 AM

I've been to both and say go to Cordoba. No your schedule is not to frantic except I question Barcelona, I'd drop it and spend extra time in Seville, Carmona (wonderful place) or a tour in the white villages would be more efficient I think.