Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Copenhagen: are you familiar with these hotels, please?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2019, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning. I知 planning a trip to Copenhagen next summer and two hotels appeal to me: Skt Petri https://www.sktpetri.com and 71 Nyhavn https://www.71nyhavnhotel.com.

I知 looking for a convenient location (I am not sure if one is particularly better than another for transportation options, good restaurants nearby, ease of getting there from the airport, etc), lots of windows and light, a good breakfast and a bathtub. I致e read Tripadvisor reviews, just looking for anyone痴 personal experience and advice.

Thank you!
Old Sep 6th, 2019, 07:28 AM

There are lots of good hotels in CPH, I have stayed at 71 Nyhavn. It is a quirky hotel with rooms of all different shapes and sizes, due to it's history. Location is very convenient, but again central CPH is small so alot of hotels have good locations.

Years ago, Skt Petri used to be a department store, it is a good location too but I haven't stayed there. What time of year are you going? Are you limited to these 2 or would like some other ideas?
I've stayed in the Marriott, The Square, CPH Island (too far for you but I liked it), couple of the Radissons, some in the suburbs (again not for you), Babette Guldmeden (couple in the Guldmeden group might appeal to you, some have great breakfasts) and the Admiral (former warehouse, bit like Nyhavn)
Old Sep 6th, 2019, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Than you, Odin! These two were the most appealing to me, but I’ll take another look at some of those you mentioned. We’re going in late May.
Old Sep 6th, 2019, 05:50 PM

I agree with Odin:

I have stayed at the Marriott and walked all over Copenhagen

Also stayed at the Palace Square right across for the old ornate City Hall.

If you have no walking issues then almost any location is good.

If you stay at Nyhavn you are going to want to walk to the Palace Square and Vice versa.

I do not think the location will be a big factor, you will be fine anywhere in the whole downtown radius, which includes Nyhavn

Good Luck