Reload this Page >

Cool on Amalfi Coast in May?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 11:55 AM
Len

My wife wants to know (and me too really) what to wear and expect on Amalfi Coast in mid May. Warm enough for shorts? Cool at night?<BR>thanks, Len

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 12:37 PM
Anna

My husband and I were on the Amalfi Coast in mid May 2002. It was cooler than we had expected. I needed a light jacket or sweater at night, during the day I mostly wore pants and a short sleeved shirt.

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 01:56 PM
Sue

I was there late May, 2001; not exactly cool, but not beach weather either. Short sleeves in daytime, perhaps light sweater at night.

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 11:47 PM
Len

Thanks, it sounds alot like Los Angeles weather in May, so we can dress the way we do at home here I suppose. I had the impression that it is warmer there.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 09:01 AM
Sherry

I think that it also depends where you usually live that gives you a point of reference to what a temperature feels like.<BR>We were in the area in Mid May 2002 and slept with all the windows open every night. But we also live on the East coast and are a little more used to cooler temperatures.<BR>It certainly was not beach weather, even for us. But we were comfortable most of the time. <BR>Sue and Anna seem to have it pinned down for you, I think.