Cooking Schools in Paris?????

Old Jul 6th, 1998, 10:20 AM
Kam

Cooking Schools in Paris?????

Someone mentioned a cooking class at the Ritz and someone else said Cordon Bleu. I know the Cordon Bleu, but do they have very short one day demonstration classes??? I can't enroll as a full time student, but would love to see it while I'm in Paris. Thanks. <BR>

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 07:09 AM
Alisa

I don't know the answer, but have the same question! <BR>I will be in Paris for one week and would love to <BR>spend one day at a cooking school. Let me know what <BR>you learn! Tha

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 10:13 AM
jenny

you both had me very intrigued and since i'm an amateur chef myself, i'm also interested in something like this. i checked on the internet and found the cordon bleu's website with courses, costs, etc listed. <BR> <BR>http://www.cordonbleu.net/textsite/paris.htm <BR> <BR>happy cooking!

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 03:21 PM
Rich

I suggest the Cordon Bleu. The classes that I have taken are full day with demonstraction in the morning and pratical experience in the afternoon. You can also take just a half day class and miss the practical portion. The prices at the Cordon Bleu are also quite reasonable.

Old Jul 9th, 1998, 12:42 PM
carol

I am the one who ask about the cooking school at the Ritz. Thanks for all the information. I tried to look on the web for that address to the cordon bleu classes and I couldn't find it. Is that address right?

Old Jul 10th, 1998, 01:17 AM
jenny

sorry the link doesn't work. try going to their home page and navigate your way through to the section on classes. <BR> <BR>http://www.cordonbleu.net/

Old Jul 14th, 1998, 05:45 AM
Kathy

I attended several 1/2 day sessions at Le Cordon Bleu a couple of years ago. It was one of the highlights of my trip and I enjoyed it immensely. They have guest chefs with demo classes and I attended one with Paul Prudhomme. When I was there it was late October, so not so full as perhaps the summer. A French friend called and made the arrangements for me while I was there. Their phone info is in the back of Gourmet and Bon Appetit.