Cooking Schools in Paris?

Oct 13th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Jean

Cooking Schools in Paris?

Recently I spoke with an acquaintance who said he & his wife took a 1/2 day class at Cordon Blue (sp?) while in Paris. As I am going this spring, I wonder whether or not anyone here has had such an experience. Only interested in 1/2 day to a day at most. Do you know where I might inquire & learn of the expense, how to enroll, etc.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Oct 13th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Francie

Hi Jean,
Besides Cordon Bleu, The Ritz-Escoffier offers 1/2 day classes. It is located on the Place Vendome. This is only, of course, another place to look into. You can request their brochure which gives all pertinent info. Having not had the opportunity to either of these culinary classes, was fortunate to have spent a week in a private home in Provence for a wonderful "food vacation" experience.

P.S. You might want to read the post a few above yours for culinary information. Good luck

Oct 13th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Christina

haven't done it but I know they have a web site with all the info on various classes and prices
www.cordonbleu.net

Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:34 AM
djc

My wife and I went to a 1/2 day class at the Ritz and it was very enjoyable. Even though I was not expecting much, I must admit I learned a lot, the food was great, but it was worth it just for the entertainment. The chef had a wonderful sense of humor. He spoke only French but there was an assistant who translated into English. I would highly recommend it. Reserve in advance, all of the classes that week (and it was in late Feb.) were full.

Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:50 PM
Susan

I have friends who did a half day cooking and exploring of open markets with Paule Caillat. French lady educated in the US and she has fun cooking courses and leads walking tours around local markets. They loved it. Contact Promenades Gourmandes, 00331 48 04 56 84. Worth it!

Oct 23rd, 2002, 12:19 AM
Julia

Jean skip the Cordon Bleu I have some friends that are chefs and "in the know" and they say it has slipped. I would find an alternative.

Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:50 AM
wendy

I second Paulle, and also Sue Young at french for a day....(.com)Sue is a Cordon Bleu graduate.