Convent and Monastery Accommodations?

Old Oct 26th, 1998, 07:35 AM
Mustangs81

Convent and Monastery Accommodations?

I know that Rome has several convents that offer lodging at a reasonable price and they are located strategic to the city center. Has anyone stayed at Suore di Lourdes or Casa di Santa Brigida, both in Rome, or any of the convents/monasteries in Italy?

Old Oct 26th, 1998, 09:02 AM
Richard

In '92 we stayed at the Conventa Sant' Andrea in Volterra. The room was rather plain (of course) and the bathroom down the hall but we had no problem with that. Everything in Volterra within walking distance. Would do it again, Volterra and the convent, in a minute.

Old Feb 1st, 1999, 08:49 AM
Meg

Does anyone know how to get in touch with convents in Rome? I tried the romeguide.com site someone else suggested here, but the page isn't coming up.

Old Feb 1st, 1999, 01:01 PM
Joe Lomax

I mentioned romeguide before. If I said romeguide.com, I was mistaken. The url for religious institutions is:
http://www.romeguide.it/FILES/cas_rein.htm
I think the place you are asking about is the 'Istituto Nostra Signora di Lourdes' on the via Sistina. This is a great location betweent the Spanish Steps and the Piazza Barbarini. I have heard good things about the Casa di Santa Brigida on the Piazza Farnese near the Campo di Fiori. This is one of my favorite areas of Rome.

Old Feb 2nd, 1999, 02:09 AM
Tracy

Hi from London . . .

Get your hands on a copy of The Good Retreat Guide (the '99 edition is out). Very good listings for Britain, France & Spain -- perfect for factoring a weekend of extreme peace & quiet into a busy vacation!

xo
T