Continental hotel vs California Hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:50 AM
ackis

Continental hotel vs California Hotel

your comments please....<BR>Thank you

Old May 13th, 2002, 08:38 AM
hotels

What is your question? Where are these hotels--which city? State? Country?<BR>Both start with the letter C.<BR>One deals with a continent, the other a state.<BR>There is a chain of Inter-Continental Hotels.<BR>At the California, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:18 AM
ackis

I am talking about the 2 hotels situated in Ramblas.<BR>which one is the best in your opinion ?<BR>I would be greateful if you recommend me a hotel in Barcelona in the price of 70 euro or less<BR>thank you

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Maggie

Hi Ackis,<BR>I would always go for the Continental, we stayed there recently and a double room with a balcony overlooking the Ramblas was worth every cent of the 90 Euros we paid.<BR>They do have some cheaper rooms without the balcony, and the location cannot be bettered.<BR>For an hotel just off the Ramblas, try the Pensula, 60 Euros per night double.<BR>Enjoy your stay<BR>Regards<BR>Maggie.

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:25 AM
ackis

Thank you Maggie! i just reserved Continental Hotel.<BR>Stupid to ask but what is a "TROPICAL FAN"?Each room in the hotel has one .<BR>Thanks

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Maggie

You won't regret it Ackis. The staff are most helpful, the breakfasts are good and the coffee is great. If you have a balcony, pick up your breakfast from the dining room and eat it at the table on your balcony.<BR>Coffee, tea and snacks are available all day at no charge.<BR>A tropical fan is just a huge ceiling fan to keep the air moving - and it works!<BR>By the way, they only supply liquid soap so if you prefer a bar of soap take your own.<BR>Enjoy Barcelona, it's a fantastic city and the best way to see it is to get a two day pass for the Bus Turistic that takes you all round the city and you can get on and get off as you wish as all the major sights. You get on it at Placa Catalunya, about 100 yards from the hotel.<BR>A two day ticket is about 18 Euros and you get discounts at many of the attractions.<BR>Regards<BR>Maggie

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:10 AM
ackis

Thank you so much Maggie!<BR>Your information is great!<BR>I am looking forward to visiting the place!<BR>Ackis

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:32 AM
Maggie

You won't regret it Ackis. The staff are most helpful, the breakfasts are good and the coffee is great. If you have a balcony, pick up your breakfast from the dining room and eat it at the table on your balcony.<BR>Coffee, tea and snacks are available all day at no charge.<BR>A tropical fan is just a huge ceiling fan to keep the air moving - and it works!<BR>By the way, they only supply liquid soap so if you prefer a bar of soap take your own.<BR>Enjoy Barcelona, it's a fantastic city and the best way to see it is to get a two day pass for the Bus Turistic that takes you all round the city and you can get on and get off as you wish as all the major sights. You get on it at Placa Catalunya, about 100 yards from the hotel.<BR>A two day ticket is about 18 Euros and you get discounts at many of the attractions.<BR>Regards<BR>Maggie

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Doug Weller

Yes, the Continental is great. We would use it again, definitely. Good breakfast and food all day long! And an internet terminal at reception, can't recall the cost but cheap.<BR><BR>I would recommend ear plugs though if you are sensitive to noise and have a balcony room. It isn't terrible, but they might be useful.<BR><BR>Doug

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:50 AM
ackis

Thank you very much!<BR>Anyway , i am not going to stay in a room facing rambla ,i chose a double room without a balcony ,it is much cheaper!