Reload this Page >

CONRAD INTERNATIONAL ISTANBUL

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 1999, 10:29 PM
darcy

Would appreciate any info on this hotel. thanks.

Old May 14th, 1999, 04:13 PM
Nurdogan

It is so quite near where I live.Nice hotel and so clean.You will enjoy to stay there.It is near Bosphorus. <BR>Nurdogan <BR>If you need any info about my city ,I might be able to help you. <BR>Best wishes from Istanbul and Turkish painters. <BR>Nurdogan <BR>Check out also our web pages <BR>Http://www.lesartsturcs.com <BR>

Old May 14th, 1999, 04:13 PM
Nurdogan

It is so quite near where I live.Nice hotel and so clean.You will enjoy to stay there.It is near Bosphorus. <BR>Nurdogan <BR>If you need any info about my city ,I might be able to help you. <BR>Best wishes from Istanbul and Turkish painters. <BR>Nurdogan <BR>Check out also our web pages <BR>Http://www.lesartsturcs.com <BR>

Old May 18th, 1999, 04:33 PM
M & J

We stayed at the Conrad in Istanbul last November. We took a taxi from the airport to the Conrad with no problems. The Conrad has very little space about it, no gardens. It was on a hill, thus a pleasant walk down to the Bosphorus. The lobby is spacious and beautiful. For a romantic evening,--sip wine on the top floor overlooking the Bosphorus at night, watch dusk become evening and the ships on the river, the twinkle of lights on the Asian side. But, to experience Istanbul, leave the hotel, explore, take a ferry ride up the Bosphorus, explore and enjoy this ancient city.

Old Jun 27th, 1999, 09:57 AM
Jean

This hotel was so great, the setting, the food, the people, that we decided for our second trip to Turkey to only book with a Tour Co. which used this one.(Insight)The country and people were so phenom.(and we are extensive world travellers)that we are going again, this time to see the sights outside of Istanbul. The hotel is not budget but is well worth the money, and as M & J advised, do take cocktails in the evening on the upstairs balcony which overlooks the Bosp. Its so romantic and fascinating to watch all the boat traffic of commuters returning to the Asian side from the day of work in the city. You'll thoroughly enjoy!!!

Old Jun 27th, 1999, 12:08 PM
Rod Hoots

Second the above positive responses. The rooms and service are very nice and Conrad's terrace bar is one of the most pleasant places ever. Was walking with a friend near the hotel one evening and came across a neighborhood restaurant run by two brothers. We told them to give us what they thought we would like and they started serving one delicious snack after another. Our table was by a large open window next to the sidewalk and locals walking by would stop to chat and recommend their favorite dishes. The whole experience, lubricated by several beers, lasted about three hours and was a "once in a lifetime." For what we got, the price was practically nothing. All I can tell you about the location is to walk down the right side of the main street toward downtown and look for a shabby little restaurant with windows opening onto the sidewalk. <BR> <BR>Rod Hoots <BR>Arlington, Virginia <BR>