Confirm My Route - CDG to A10 around Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A specific question for someone with the experience. A current local source and an ex-Parisian have both said it's a jumble to get around Paris. We have many maps of varying detail, to get us from CDG to the Loire on the A10. Can anyone confirm the first confusing part? Here's my best idea -

From CDG, the A1/E15. Then south on A3/E15; also becomes the A86 at Bondy. Following the E15, it becomes the southbound Peripherique. At one point it is the E50/E15, heading south and picks up A6a. Continue south following E05 ("L'Aquitane&quot, following signs (I hope) around Champian until it also becomes the A10... then on to Tours.

Make sense? Or is there a better way for the CDG - A10 route?

Also please advise if I am "making too much of this" and the signs and route are easier than I expect. Or harder.

Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:30 PM

That's the route, but from the Peripherique, you'll get onto A6B, then to A10. It's more straight forward then it may seem.

Check out the very specific instructions on viamichelin.com. I find them to be usually 100% correct, including the signage you'll see when actually driving.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:55 PM

forget the E05, E15, E50 names, just look for the A ones while on the road
A for Autoroute is the french road signage. E for Europe is just an overlay to mark some european wide roads. Roads carry the European route designation beside national road numbers.

For instance E50 starts in Brest, France on the Atlantic shore and goes west to the russian side of the Caspian sea.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 01:08 PM

Yeah, so your route is basically:

A1, A3, Peripherique, A6B, A10

That's all.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 01:59 PM

In France you follow road signs according to the next biggest town--which is not always clear because national roads will give the name of the next big city while a parallel departmental road would use the name of intermediate towns. So while it may help to know the numbers of the highways, make sure that you are familiar with the names of the towns in the direction you wish to go (Fontainebleau, Sens, Orleans, etc.).