Reload this Page >

Commercio e Pellegrino? - Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Kim

<BR>Anyone have any personal experience with this hotel in Venice? What can you tell me about the property, location, etc. Is it noisy due to its proximity to the San Zaccaria station? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 01:40 PM
Holly

It's a great hotel, perfect location if you want to be near San Marco. You can hear the gondolas flapping around in the water from your window, and the vendors singing away as they set up their stalls in the morning. Personally, I like that kind of noise. The hotel was remodeled 3 or 4 years ago, and now has a lift, new breakfast room, etc. It's my favorite hotel in Venice.

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 03:13 PM
Kim

<BR>Thanks Holly! I've been looking into hotels in Venice for the past several weeks and have been having diffculty finding anything for under $200/night. I will be traveling with 6 people, mostly family, including my 77 year-old father who is having some difficulty walking great distances. I liked the location of the Commercio e Pellegrino and the fact that they had a lift. The rate they are quoting is Lit. 390.000/night for a double. Can you tell me anything about the room(s) you have stayed in? Did they overlook Canale di San Marco? How close is the property to the Danielli? What about helpfullness of staff? Thanks!

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 07:07 PM
Holly

Kim - The hotel is less than a 5-minute walk to San Marco, and you can't get much closer to the San Zaccaria stop. I always stayed in the single room, which was small, but larger than most I've seen. I peeked into a double while it was being cleaned; it looked adequate, not too small. Nicely furnished. The shower in the bath in the single was good-sized, not one of those phone booth types. The view from my windows was right across into the Danielli rooms. I don't know if any of the C&P rooms face the Grand Canal, but I'm guessing they do not. The staff is pretty friendly; all speak English. Ask for at least 1 room to be not on the 4th floor, for your dad, as the lift only goes as far as the 3rd floor and he'd have to walk that last flight to the 4th. Breakfast is better than your average Italian fare; they include meats and cheeses along with the usual, and you can take it in your room if you like. Hope this helps. I think you will just love this hotel!

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 04:00 PM
Kim

<BR>Holly: <BR> <BR>Thanks for your comments. I haven't made a final decision yet, but C&P is definitely in the running.