Reload this Page >

Closest Metro stops to Moulin Rouge?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 10:37 AM
John

I am looking for the closest metro stops to Moulin Rouge? Also, how close is the Moulin Rouge to Sacre-Coeur and Montmartre? I know these might be silly questions, but I have never been and can't fina any info on the net. Thanks!

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 10:54 AM
Thyra

I believe that Pigalle, is the closest stop. Or you can walk down to Pigalle from Montmatre and Sacre-Coeur... where but it's quite a steep climb back up. <BR>The Moulin Rouge is actually in the "red-light" district, and though I have walked around alone during the day, I would consider taking a taxi to and from the Moulin Rouge if you are staying up the hill near the Place de Tetre. (Which is a wonderful/safe neighborhood) There is also a centrally located Metro stop which I always take to get back up the hill called Abbesses, that lets you out on the Place de abbesses.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 10:56 AM
Kathy

Actually the Metro stop Blance is across the Boulevard de Clinchy from the Moulin Rouge. <BR>Kathy

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 11:19 AM
John

I will only be there for the day, and at some point would like to just stop by there for a quick look. Is the Moulin Rouge in "the Red Light" district? If I get off at the Blanche stop, how long would it take to walk to Mooulin Rouge?

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 11:44 AM
Kathy

John, <BR>The Pigalle stop (one away from the Blanche stop) is the inside of the "red light district". Some will argue that Moulin Rouge is in that area, others will say it borders it. Either way, you're either in it or not at all far away. The most time-consuming part of the walk if you get off at Blanche will be crossing what is a major boulevard, so I guess that the time of day, perhaps the weather & other sundry traffic conditions might contribute to what could be 10 minutes or closer to 35. <BR>Kathy

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 11:50 AM
John

Thanks Kathy..., and I just relaized I must sound like an idiot.., asking how to get to the Red Light district! How embarassing! Anyway, thanks for your help. In all honesty though, my wife and I saw the movie and since we will be in Paris would just like to see the actual building. Thanks again!

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 12:26 PM
Kathy

John, you really don't owe me an explanation. My boyfriend wants to see the film & he's made it abundantly clear that it's a vehicle to ogle Nicole Kidman for a couple of hours! <BR> <BR>Have a great trip! <BR> <BR>Kathy

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 12:30 PM
John

Kathy, I have no problem admitting I ogled at Nicole Kidmann too! How could you not? (Well, maybe not you, but...) <BR> <BR>Thanks again!

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Kathy

Frankly, she's an okay actress, but other than that doesn't do anything for me....

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 12:49 PM
John

I think her acting ability is ok also, but she does more for me than she does for you. Kathy, do you mind if I e-mail you direct, I have a few more questions?

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 01:10 PM
Kathy

John, <BR>I wouldn't mind, except mail.com is allegedly "upgrading" their system & I haven't gotten any new e-mail since last Thursday because of this. <BR>Sorry, <BR>KMK

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 01:49 PM
clairobscur

Just understood why questions about the Moulin Rouge were popping everywhere. I first I believed that someone was totally obsessed with the Moulin Rouge and was asking tons of questions on every possible travel forum....Ok..it's a movie... <BR> <BR>By the way, I don't think it's embarrassing to ask directions to Pigalle. It's part of the classical paris tour, and busloads of tourists from every possible country stop in pigalle each night.