Clock Tower Tour for Americans?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went on the Parliment website and if I am reading it correctly there are no tours available for overseas visitors. Has any one recently booked this tour or is there another source?
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 06:22 PM

If the Big Ben tours for foreigners have been stopped, it probably has something to do with terrorism fears. Dunno.

If they have stopped the tours, I guess it is another one of those things on my long list of things I will never do.
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 06:52 PM

According to their website, they are not allowing international visitors at this time. Someone on the AOL London board had tickets for late September and contacted them to see if the tickets would still be honored. They told them they would still be able to take the tour since they already had tickets. But they said due to the current political climate, they were not issuing tickets to international visitors at this time.

So glad we did this on our last trip in June! It was awesome!
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 07:46 PM

The British Parliament has been embarassed by a number of security breaches lately. Perhaps they are temporarily halting the tours until they can clean up their act?
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 10:45 PM

To be pedantic, Clock Tower tours are now limited to UK residents only, and must be arranged through the local Member of Parliament. (Members of Parliament are required to act on behalf of all their constituents, whatever nationality, and whether eligible to vote or not)

There is no bar on Americans, or any other nationality - just on people who don't live here. Strictly speaking non-resident Brits aren't allowed on the tours either