Reload this Page >

Civitavecchia Italy

Search

Civitavecchia Italy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 05:16 AM
michellle

Civitavecchia Italy

Im trying to get info on the ferry to Olbia Sardinia from Civitavecchia. I understand there is a 4 hour ferry. The web sights are in Italian and I cant read them. We are traveling with 2 seniors 2 kids and myself any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Steve James

Hello Michelle,<BR><BR>I can't find any mention of a 4-hour crossing. The services I know of are normally overnight and take approx 8 hours.<BR><BR>2 companies have websites in English:<BR>www.sardiniaferries.com<BR>www.forti.i t/moby/inglese/index.html<BR><BR>If you prefer to use Tirrenia, whose website is only in Italian, let me know your specific questions and I'll look ...<BR><BR>Steve

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:18 AM
ab

I can't offer help with the information on the ferries, but there are websites that translate for you. Sorry, I can't recall the name (I'll post it if I find it), but there is one site where you can copy a whole paragraph, and it gives a translation! I think I found it originally by searching Copernic for something like translate italian.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:35 AM
GAC

Go to the website www.forti.it/moby<BR>Moby Lines has an afternoon fast ferry leaving Civitavecchia at 15:00 and arriving Olbia at 19:45. These services are in addition to the eight-hour ferries. The service may not be daily. Normal adult fare is 55 Euros for a reclining seat (50% for children under 12). There are also lower fares of 28 Euros, but these may not be available at time of booking. I also believe that Tirrenia Lines has a fast ferry on this route during July and August, taking less than 5 hours, but their schedules have only been posted through May 2002. You will need to re-check later. There are also Tirrenia fast ferries in July/August from Fiumicino (near Rome) to Golfo Aranci (near Olbia). You should do a phrase search on the net for "mezzi veloci Civitavecchia-Olbia". These are the fast ferries (normal ferries are called "traghetti").

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 10:13 AM
GAC

The fast ferry "mezzo veloce" of Tirrenia Lines SHOULD operate from June 1 to September 30,leaving Civitavecchia at 8:00 a.m. and again at 5:30 p.m. and arriving in Olbia after 3 1/2 hours. These old schedules need to be verified once the official schedules are posted for June.