Civatavecchia/Tarquina

Search

Civatavecchia/Tarquina

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civatavecchia/Tarquina

Hello! We are going on a cruise and leaving from Civatavecchia. Can you take a train there from the airport?
Also, we will only have one day before we leave on the cruise-do you have a lodging suggestion under $300 per night?

We are also looking for votes on Tarquina or Ceveteri.

Thanks!
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 07:09 PM

You have to take a train from Leonardo Da Vinci Airport to the central station in Rome, and then take a train from the station to Civitavecchia. I take the trip from the airport to Civitavecchia occasionally. What I do is rent an auto at the airport and drive to Civitavecchia. It is a beautiful drive once you get out of Rome, and you can drop the car off close to the port in Civitavecchia (that is, if you rent from Hertz, I don't know about other car agencies). It doesn't cost much for a one day rental, and you don't have the burden of lugging around baggage. There are no drop off charges for Hertz. I recall seeing some lovely looking hotels on the way to Civitavecchia, in the town of Santa Marinella, about ten miles from Civitavecchia.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 07:17 PM

I often stay in the Sunbay Park hotel http://www.sunbayparkhotel.it/ which is at the start of Civitavecchia - not near the center but at the sea and with a restaurant on a terrace that is a dream!! The rooms are also close to the sea and you can hear the waves at night.

I agree that hiring a car would be best and then the Sunbay becomes even better because you can get around easily. Civitavecchia is well sign-posted and a fairly straight drive from Fiumicino.
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:01 AM

Check out Cruisecritic.com and find your specific cruise. You can meet fellow passengers, arrange private tours, and find all kinds of information for cruising. I find cruise critic to be THE best site for cruise information.

Monica
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for your help! I'll check out the car rental idea.
I don't think it make sense to go to town in Rome for one day when we are jet lagged.

Thank you again!