city maps on-line?

Jul 2nd, 2000, 12:08 PM
Mel

city maps on-line?

Can anyone suggest a website(s) where I might be able to find reliable, reasonably detailed maps of larger european cities? I would like to ensure that the hotels I'm considering staying at are near subway stations, museums ect...
There's a great map store near where I live, but at $8-10 per map, i could spend a lot of money!!! I'm planning on getting maps at tourist info centers and at hotels. Is that a safe bet???
Thanks in advance for any info.

Jul 2nd, 2000, 12:39 PM
hmh

I have found good maps at: ParisTourism (scroll down to Paris and suburban maps); BudgetTravel-Amsterdam (scroll down quite aways to the maps links);VisitBritain or Going Places London. Hotel sites will often give you maps of the surrounding area. I have located hotels by using city maps in guide books, too. I suppose that contacting any Tourist Bureau Site, you can find city maps. I think that I have gotten maps of Madrid, Barcelona, and Lisbon, to look at on screen, though that method. It is often a matter of "search, search, search".

Jul 2nd, 2000, 12:43 PM
Hmh

I have found good maps at: ParisTourism (scroll down to Paris and suburban maps); BudgetTravel-Amsterdam (scroll down quite aways to the maps links);VisitBritain or Going Places London. Hotel sites will often give you maps of the surrounding area. I have located hotels by using city maps in guide books, too. I suppose that contacting any Tourist Bureau Site, you can find city maps. I think that I have gotten maps of Madrid, Barcelona, and Lisbon, to look at on screen, though that method. It is often a matter of "search, search, search".

Jul 2nd, 2000, 02:05 PM
smoll

Try <a href="http://www.mapquest.com">Mapquest</a>

Jul 2nd, 2000, 02:08 PM
smoll

Sorry i thought i could use HTML on this board. Try www.mapquest.com

Jul 2nd, 2000, 04:15 PM
elaine

Mel
most if not all European countries have national tourism offices on the web and/or in large foreign cities
(for example, LA and New York in the US) from which you can request free or inexpensive maps and brochurs now to help with your planning

Search this Thread