cinque terre - monterosso hotels

Jan 17th, 2001, 07:22 AM
Phil

cinque terre - monterosso hotels

As I stated in a previous post, I am staying at the hotel porto roca in monterosso for three nights.

Can anyone else reccomend a good hotel to stay at in monterosso? I was told that staying in monterosso (or one town in cinque terre) is fine since all of the towns are a quick train ride away. Is this correct?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Jan 17th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Larry

Phil, they are very close together and depending on time of year, they are connected by train and boat so you don't really need to move unless you want something different. Seems people on this forum liked Edi's in Riomaggiore which was our favorite but we day tripped.

Jan 24th, 2001, 05:48 AM
Phil

To stay in one town for two weeks and establish base camp or stay in a couple of other towns during our honeymoon.......that is the dilema.

For those that have spent an exended vacation in cinque terre, what do you reccomend........where should I stay?

Thanks!!!

Jan 24th, 2001, 05:58 AM
Paige

Two weeks seems like a long time just for the cinque terre. Have you traveled around Italy before?

Jan 24th, 2001, 07:15 AM
Deborah

Phil, Most certainly move around. With two weeks you can see much more of Italy and still have it be very relaxing. I would recommend Tuscany by car and then return the car and head into Florence for a couple of days. You could also do the train to Venice for a couple of days but that is up to you. I would see three days in Cinque Terre and then Tuscany for a couple of days etc. As I have said before on this forum though, everyone is different on how much they want to move around and what their priorities are. Have a great time!