Cinque Terre Hotel Dilemna!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Cinque Terre and staying in Monterosso for 2 days in July, and right now are deciding between La Spiaggia and Hotel Pasquale. Both are similar in price and both seem to have great reviews. Can anyone comment on why one would maybe be better than the other?

Here is my biggest concern: I see that La Spiaggia does not have air conditioning. Could this be a big problem in July?

Old Mar 13th, 2006, 12:49 PM

Yes, you need A/C.
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 12:51 PM

You will definitely need A/C in July! I've visited the CT 4 times and I would not consider skipping A/C from mid-May to mid-Sept.
Hotel Pasquale is owned by the folks that own Hotel Villa Steno (my favorite hotel). Great breakfast buffet, friendly and helpful owners. I think you will be happy there.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 08:26 AM

Can you give me an idea of what the prices are for La Spiaggia and Hotel Pasquale? My husband and I will be in CT from July 4-6 and are looking for places to stay. Any ideas what your best resources were for finding a place? Tripadvisor.com?

Thanks!
Jen
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 09:54 AM

yes you must have a/c...it may be a question of availability...have you checked? I would start there.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 11:09 AM

It is hot in the CT beginning in May so by July it will be quite warm. Despite the ocean and some breezes, I would get a place with A/C. I have seen both properties and they are centrally located and within walking distance to shops, restaurants, the main piazza/park square, beach, etc. If you are leaning towards the 'La Spiaggia', then just make sure there are plenty of windows to keep open for fresh air breezes! Alternatively, a lot of places have those big floor fans and they work fine too so that is an option if no A/C.
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 05:33 AM

Allison-
My husband and I are traveling to CT in September and have booked La Spiaggia, but I am concerned about the mixed reviews on tripadvisor. DId you end up staying there in July? We have concerned staying at one of two B&B in the old part of town as an alternate to La Spiaggia - either Il Giardina Incantato or La Poesia. While La Spiaggia is on the beach it doesn't seem as though the B&Bs are far from the water? Thanks in advance for any advice. Kristen