Search

Cinque Terre

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Kathryn

Cinque Terre

I have planned a trip with five friends to Cinque Terre next October.I will be landing in Pisa and need exactinstructions on how to get from the airport to Cinque Terre. Can anyone help?<BR>Thanks so much,<BR>

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 12:42 PM
john

I was there last April and the train is very convenient. I would assume that you can get a bus from the airport to town and the train station. Get a train ticket to take you to the town you want. Some trains will stop in all the five towns some not so you need to know which town you will be staying in. It is only a couple of minuits by train between towns<BR><BR>John

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Richard

From Pisa you will take a train to La Spezia and from there locals to the 5 towns, Riomaggiore, Manarola etc. Don't know how to get from the airport to the station.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Grasshopper

The airport in Pisa is not far at all to the train station and town. I would take a taxi. On the train from Pisa to La Spezia be sure to notice the Carrera mountains. That's where Michaelangelo handpicked his marble for many of his wonderful works.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 03:17 PM
jan

you can practically walk to the train station in pisa from the airport it's that close. but take a taxi. you'll be tired.