Search

Cinque Terre

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 05:46 AM
Tracy

Cinque Terre

PLEASE HELP...The last leg of our 2-week honeymoon (June 12-15) in Italy is in Cinque Terre. <BR> We were originally planning on staying at Porto Roca in Monterosso. But unfortunately, we just found out today that it is booked up. We were VERY disappointed. Can anyone make any suggestions for other hotels in the area of similar caliber? I've heard that the Palme is also rated 4-star, but does NOT compare to Porto Roca at all. Has anyone stayed at or heard much about Hotel Cinque Terre? It's supposed to be the newest hotel in the area. How about Hotel Pasquale?

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 06:53 AM
Heather

I can only answer about the Hotel Pasquale. Not knowing what you look for in a hotel or how nice you like for the room to be, I can give you my feedback. When we stayed at the Pasquale, we were perfectly satisfied with our room and the hotel. While it isn't a luxury hotel nor is it located on a bluff like the Porta Roca, we found that the beds were comfortable, the entire room was immaculate, the staff was very pleasant, and the breakfast was fine. Our room windows opened up to a view of the beach and water, which was very nice.

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 07:03 AM
Tracy

Heather - thank you very much for getting back to me. I appreciate it! Glad you enjoyed your time there. <BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 10:19 AM
Larry

Tracy, do a search for "Edi's" in Riomaggiore. Many favorable posts on this forum and that village was our favorite. Also good things about Portovenere and we liked Santa Margherita Ligure - both close to the CT. There is boat and train transportation between the villages and adjacent towns.

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Tom

Heard the Hotel Cecio in Corniglia is great. Not posh resort, but charming with good food. Friends like Corniglia as central in Cinque Terre and less traveled given the 200 steps up to the town. <BR> <BR>Also, have had several friends stay at CENOBIO DEI DOGI in Camogli (4 star)

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 11:56 PM
Paige

We stayed at the Hotel Cecio in Corniglia a year and a half ago. Like the previous poster said, it's not at all posh but nice enough. My only complaint was that we rarely had hot water. No one that worked there spoke one word of English. The food was good. There were only a handful of other tourists overnighting in Corniglia at the time, which we liked.

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 06:02 AM
Debbie

Tracy, Hotel Villa Steno is associated with Pasquale but is located on the hill and gives a great view. It was a wonderful hotel with balconies but not plush-yes I had hot water! I would highly recommend it.