Cinque Terra or Sorrento?

Old Aug 24th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cinque Terra or Sorrento?

Hubby and I are taking our first trip to Italy for 10 days in May for our 10 yr anniv. We are spending some time in Rome then need to decide between Cinque Terra and Sorrento. Does anyone have info on these areas to help us decide which is a must see? Thank you.
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 07:41 AM

If you enjoy hiking the Cinque Terre is for you, it's not that difficult of hiking we didn't think. We were there in June and the weather was perfect for hiking the trails and eating amazing dinners outside. We spent a few minutes in the water but it was a bit cold. The best parts were the views while hiking and the food, pesto and focaccia bread.
If you don't enjoy hiking then I'd go to Sorrento.
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 07:53 AM

Yes, it kind of depends on what you are interested in doing; both areas are beautiful. I loved the Cinque Terre, and especially taking a boat ride to see the villages from the water. However, I am not a hiker. If you are not a hiker either, there is probably more for you to do and see from Sorrento -- Sorrento itself, Positano, Amalfi, Ravello, Pompeii, Capri, etc.
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 08:05 AM

Good for you going on your 10th anniversary - we're going this fall for our 31st (but it really only seems like 10!)

We had the same quandry, but decided on Sorrento, mainly because of the "romance" of the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii and Capri. Not to mention the limoncello.....
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 08:13 AM

Hi......I suggest you to program a holiday in Sorrento. May is the best period to visit Campania Region.
Campania has so much to offer!
You can overnight in Sorrento, there are several accommodation from B&B up to 5Star Hotel.
Moreover, from Sorrento you have the possibility to visiting Pompei, the roman city buried by the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 a.D.; Amalfi Coast, is said to be the most spectacular in Europe and from Sorrento the winding cliff top road offers breathtaking panoramic views at every turn; Caserta with its Reggia (Royal Palace of Caserta), known also as “the Versailles of Naples”; Mount Vesuvius, the best known volcano on earth; it dominates the Bay of Naples with its characteristic cone; Capri. the blue Island known in all over the world.

In addition you have the opportunity to taste our original cousine.

If you need more information, don't hesitate to contact us again. We are a specialized tour operator in Sorrento. We promote and develop a new kind of tourism, in Campania Region.

Regards
DTS Travel