cinque terra hotel recommendations

Sep 20th, 2001, 07:27 PM
megan

cinque terra hotel recommendations

Can anyone recommend a nice, moderately-priced hotel along the cinque terra? Thanks.

Sep 21st, 2001, 12:10 AM
roxanne

Last year we stayed in Vernazza, where there aren't any hotels. We just asked in the first bar we stopped in and rented a 3 story, beautiful apt with a large window that overlooked the town and the Mediterranian! It was fabulous. Oh, and that was $60 american dollars a night. I think I might have the name of the owner, I'll let you know.

Sep 21st, 2001, 11:18 AM
run

Hi Megan,
for any kind of accomodations in cinque Terre or Liguria-Toscana I always contact Catherina (tour operator)at [email protected] .Ever found what I needed.
Good luck

Sep 23rd, 2001, 05:23 PM
Maureen

Megan,
I can't recommend a hotel for you in CT however in June this year we stayed in Manarola and had a lovely apartment overlooking the entire town as well as the sea. The apartment was fully equipped double bed, bathroom with shower and kitchen and a wonderful terrace. Breakfast wasn't included so we bought our breakfast supplies at the local Co-op the day before. The price was great $70.00 (Can) the name Casa Capellini.
Maureen

Sep 23rd, 2001, 06:57 PM
Eunice

I just returned from CT a couple days ago. We stayed at Da Baranin in Manarola. It was a cute little B&B and I loved the town. Rate was 130,000/night. If you go to Manarola, you have to try La Cambusa, which serves the best pesto focaccia I've ever had.

Sep 24th, 2001, 05:03 PM
CQlover

Gianni's Tratorria runs a hotel in Vernazza. You stop at Gianni's which is on your left at the end of the walking street as it opens up onto the piazza.Depending on when you go, there is often a tour group that takes the whole hotel, but! if you can get in it is a beautiful setting. Ask for a water view. The rooms are small, you share the bath, but the view is unbelievably tranquil. If you do go, be sure to check out the barely there cliff side grassy knoll for reading. The most stunning reading spot in all of Italy.

Jun 30th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Mia

top,please ,for 2003
Jul 21st, 2003, 06:28 AM
Mia

Top,please...
Jul 21st, 2003, 06:23 PM

Roxanne,
I would like to know the name of the owner of the apartment in Vernazza. We'll be there sometime in late Sept./early Oct.
[email protected]
Jul 22nd, 2003, 05:06 AM

We just came back from Italy and Cinque Terra a few weeks ago. We stayed at Hotel Baia in Monterosso, which was very basic but in a wonderful position overlooking the beach.

However the hotel next door, La Spiaggia had rooms for 80 euros per night with bed, breakfast and en suite bathroom and a large balcony. They were cleaner and more comfortable than our rooms and the staff were really lovely. It overlooks the beach and is 50 metres from the train station. The whole area is just amazing!! Make sure you eat at Micky's for the meal of a life time!!!