Cinque Terra

Oct 12th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

Cinque Terra

Would anyone have a suggested itenirary for 1 day visit to the area...what to see, which trails to walk, which mode of transpor to use etc...

Appreciate the help!
Oct 12th, 2007, 07:17 AM

i guess it depends are where you are coming from. i did a 1 day trip and enjoyed it. there is really only 1 trail overlooking the sea, you can also walk to acouple of the villages and take train to others sort of half nad half. it is quite something and i do not think you willbe sorry to include the cinque terra
Oct 12th, 2007, 07:44 AM

Please describe the trail overlooking the sea. Is it scary? Is there any difficult part? Thanks.
Oct 12th, 2007, 07:47 AM
ira

Hi t,

It will make you research easier if you spell it Cinque TerrE.

Oct 12th, 2007, 08:06 AM
PJK

Some of the trails are narrow and have steep drop-offs, but others are easy and have protective rails and screens along the steep edge. The long trails take you in and out of views of the sea. There are two short trails and two long (2 hours or so as I recall) ones. The pass for hiking is also a pass for the train that runs between villages. If you will search Cinque Terre, I think you will find tons of posts. We were there a couple of years ago for three days and loved every minute. Lots of people have been kind enough to write details about the trails. My brain is too far gone to give you specific info, but you will be able to find plenty on this board when you follow Ira's advice and search for Cinque Terre. Have fun. PJK
Oct 12th, 2007, 08:14 AM
MaureenB

See this thread, for a detailed description of the Cinque Terre trails:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34871747
>-