Reload this Page >

Chunnel to Paris

Search

Chunnel to Paris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 10:14 AM
Gloria

Chunnel to Paris

Can anyone tell me where you get the chunnel in England (Dover or London) to France? Does the chunnel take you into Paris? Is there a web site for departure and arrival times and prices for the chunnel? <BR> <BR>We are planning a trip to England and are interested in going to Paris for a day. Thank you.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 10:29 AM
marian

The 'chunnel' or Shuttle, as we Brits call it, is where you drive your car onto the train at Folkstone and stay with your car thru the tunnel and drive off near Calais. I think you want to take the Eurostar passenger train from London Waterloo Station thru to Gare du Nord in Paris. Eurostar have their own website at www.eurostar.com. Fares seem very expensive at the moment. I was looking for a day trip from Brussels to London this week and Eurostar was quoting just over BF14,000 for economy class ($300). I did not look at fares Ldn/Paris. Just warning you. You may be able to pre-book from the US but I can't help you there.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Rex

The Channel tunnel train - - also called the Eurostar has a website at www.eurostar.com - - and there are numerous departure and arrival options besides London and Paris. <BR> <BR>And more than some trains in Europe, there a countless pricing options. the highest prcie tickets are often regarded as very expensive - - as much as twice the lowest plane fare. But many less expensive options exist. Others can likely explain them to you better than I. <BR> <BR>And for travel cener city London to center city Paris, it is widely agreed that the Eurostar is much more convenient and overall, faster, than any air travel. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 10:35 AM
Oleg

You are indeed looking for the Eurostar trains, as the previous reply mentions. Wait until you fly into London before booking the train tickets, however. We went last summer, and the prices at the Eurostar booth in the airport (Heathrow) were about half of what we would have paid had we boked tickets ahead of time from the US.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 11:20 AM
Eugene

Oleg: <BR> <BR>I disagree. I traveled from London to Paris and back to London last week. I booked online and paid $158 for a round-trip ticket. The requirements: a minimum two-night stay in Paris and, also, the ticket was non-exchangeble/refundable. I, of course, may be wrong, but I don't think you can do better than that at the Eurostar booth. Also, depending on the season, tickets may be sold out.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 11:42 AM
John

Gloria: <BR>Took the Eurostar to Paris from Waterloo station on Saturday, April 14. Booked passage while in the US before we left. Round trip fare was 149 Pounds Sterling per person, Standard Class. <BR>Left Waterloo at 7:20AM. Arrived Paris at 11:30AM. Left Paris that evening at 7:15PM arriving London at 9:15PM. One hour time change. Upon arrival in Paris, this price included a guided tour lasting about 2 hours by motor coach. Then on our own until 6PM where we met at the Inverted Pyramid at the Louvre for the motor coach return trip to Gare Du Nord to board the Eurostar. <BR>I booked this through Hotel-UK.Com. Their web site is http://www.london-tourism.com/london...tar-paris.html. We were absolutely totally pleased with this booking.