Christmas Street Market with London Walks

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2003, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 12/22/03 listing for London Walks includes an "Explorer Day to St. Albans & England's Oldest & biggest traditional Christmas street market!" Is anyone familiar with this market? I'm curious what to expect.
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 11:56 AM

SteGen-
I googled your question (I love London AND Christmas, so I was really curious), and I came up with the following. I'm not 100% certain this is what is being offered by London Walks, but it seems to make sense:

The magic of a traditional German Christmas Market will be recreated at Winter Wonderland / Millennium Dome. Situated next to the ice rink, aglow with illuminations and filled with traditional seasonal gifts and treats, the German Christmas Market will provide weary parents with a traditional punch, and hungry youngsters with gingerbreads. Soak up the atmosphere and capture the spirit of Christmas while you browse the stalls for traditional foods and gifts including beautiful candles, lighthouses, herbal sweets, roasted almonds, hand carved wooden tree ornaments and exquisite glassware.

Some of the very best handcraft traders are coming to London to create this traditional Christmas Market. For several weeks, this really will be shopping with a difference and a chance to sample some traditional festive goodies! We have creative artists coming from Germany, the UK or even Russia to reflect also the multicultural aspect which London has to offer.

All this will make the market a great place to pass the time and come together to enjoy a special atmosphere. Everybody will be enchanted by its joyful and festive spirit.

Winter Wonderland will be a joy for every family offering a Santa's Workshop, theme park rides (including a roller coaster, a 40m big wheel providing a monumental centrepiece to the event), a fully facilitated ice rink, a cinema and an adult crèche providing the ideal retreat for exhausted grown-ups!

Time schedule: 6th - 31st of December (closed the 25th)

Opening hours: 11.00 am - 10.00 pm

Day ticket: £10.00 (children & pensioners are free)

Free entrance from 08.30-10.00 pm

For further details, please have a look at www.xmas-markets.com !

Old Nov 21st, 2003, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Erin,

Thanks for the info. Your googling efforts paid off better than mine. If that, indeed, is where London Walks is headed, I think I might reconsider. I wasn't anticipating the "Disneyland Experience".

SteGen
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 12:24 PM

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense. That can't be the market London Walks is talking about since St Albans is NW of London (not far from Luton). Besides - how could anything in the Dome be the oldest street market????

There are several Xmas markets throughout Hertfordshire - not sure which one this is tho'.
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 12:43 PM

Drop London Walks an email at [email protected] and ask them. They have been good about responding to my questions in the past.

Keith