Reload this Page >

Christmas in Prague

Search

Christmas in Prague

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 04:44 AM
Fred

Christmas in Prague

Hi everyone <BR>We are planning to go to Europe from December 8th thru Jan 6 th . We plan on staying in Prague for a week with a 2 day side trip to Krakow. Then on to Vienna for a week,then on to Munich. This will be at Christmas time and I know it will be snowing. Hope to enjoy and see what we can.Any suggestions. Thanks Fred <BR>

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 04:46 AM
Paige

The Christmas markets in Munich end on or before Christmas Eve. Just fyi incase you hoped to see them.

Old Aug 10th, 2000, 11:35 AM
fred

Thank You Paige. Hope to get more responses.

Old Aug 10th, 2000, 01:37 PM
Heather

Hello! I wasn't sure what type of info you were looking for, but a friend and I were in Vienna for the Christmas market last November. The stalls were set up by the end of the first week (around the 6th). The market is in front of the Rathaus across from Cafe Landtmann. They were very charming. <BR> <BR>If you like chocolate and want small Christmasy gifts, try Altmann & Kuhne on Graben near St. Stephen's Cathedral. Delicious & handmade candies with lots of items packaged for the holidays. The marzipan St. Nick's are adorable. <BR> <BR>If you have time, please put up a post after your vacation ... I'm interested in taking a similar (but unfortunately shorter) trip in 2001. <BR> <BR>Have fun!

Old Aug 10th, 2000, 02:21 PM
Helena

Fred, I've had the pleasure of spending several Christmases in Prague, the most recent being 1999, and it's nice that time of year. The weather can get cold and damp, but the city is so beautiful that time of year. <BR> <BR>Shopping has really gotten better there, and you can get great deals on glass, porcelain, and all sorts of decorative gifts. <BR> <BR>Also make sure you get a close look at the giant tubs on street corners where Czechs buy their Christmas Carp (live). That's an old tradition and something I've never seen anywhere else. <BR> <BR>Go see Christmas concerts in the churches and concert halls, even if you're not a big classical music fan, you'll be in awe. <BR> <BR>Find a tour guide or hotel employee to explain the Czech Christmas traditions, it'll really add to the experience. Feel free to email me with questions. <BR>

Old Aug 10th, 2000, 02:34 PM
Sandi

Christmas Carp?