Christmas dinner in London hotels

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:22 PM
Jack Bertram

Christmas dinner in London hotels

Can someone kindly recommend specific hotels in London which are known to serve a good Christmas dinner? Thank you.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:30 PM
myles

dont bother usually they are a rip off prices on christmas day are mega high with bad service as the staff really dont want to be there.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 02:41 PM
xxx

That was a nice, generalized, but unsupported answer myles.
Does anyone have any suggestions for Jack, since obviously most non-hotel restaurants are closed on Christmas. Surely some of the hotels have great meals.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 04:01 PM
Laurie

Jack- Just brought up a thread for you with good info. Think it titled something like "what restaurants are open in London for Xmas.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 04:03 PM
Laurie

It's "Restaurants open Christmas day"

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 04:09 PM
Leslie

I suggest that you check out the larger hotels. I can tell you that many of the theatres will have evening performances on Christmas Day. I was in London over the weekend, and many of the show brochures I picked up stated the performance times for Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Based on that information, I would think that the restaurants in the Leicester Square area (especially on Charing Cross Road) would be open.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:38 PM
Andrea

The Ritz, Dorchester, and Browns are already sold out for Christmas Eve, Christmas, and Boxing Day (actually, Browns has availability for dinner on Christmas but not lunch).

The Savoy says they have a few spots left but are filling up fast, and they are among the most expensive of the places I've contacted (225 GBP per person). We have a spot reserved at the

Other ones we've put in a request for are Claridges, Connaught, Lanesborough,
and the Landmark.

www.toptable.co.uk has a list of restaurants open on Christmas in several price ranges. Mirabelle still has places available.

www.londoneats.com also has a list of restaurants serving Christmas dinner.

Best of luck - just don't take OUR places!

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:51 PM
Leslie

Here's another website to check for availability for Christmas dinner: www.coventgardenlife.com - click on "Restaurants", then select a restaurant, and make a reservation. You can also read the reviews and view the menus. This is a free service, and you'll receive confirmation within 48 hours. If there isn't availability, you'll receive an email message with other available restaurants.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:47 AM
Debbie

Leslie--
I'll be in London over New Year's--do you recall if most of the big shows will be having performances on New Year's Day?

I'm trying to figure out what 2 30-something single girls will do that day--toyed w/the idea of a car rental and driving out of the city but that might just be quieter than Central London...I'm also playing around w/a London walk but perhaps a show, especially an evening performance, might just be the the perfect New Year's since I doubt I'll be able to find a Bowl Game on British television

Any suggestions would be welcome!
Debbie