choice of airlines

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 12:09 PM
Joan

choice of airlines

any opinions on air france versus lufthansa to Italy. need to decide quickly.<BR>please reply direct [email protected]

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 12:15 PM
Rex

The airline might not be the issue. I've had good experiences with both - - and gotten caught by a missed trans-atlantic connection (coming home) and had to overnight in Paris on Air France (they paid for it) - - oh, the agony!! Likewise missed a connection on the way over (the trans-atlantic carrier was Continental, in that case), and Air France once again did an excellent job of getting on a next best flight (even changing us to a more convenient airport at no charge - - i.e., Strasbourg, instead of Basel).<BR><BR>The issue might be Frankfurt versus Paris. More likely to have a missed connection in Paris, I think - - though the Air France people really do a good job to accommodate (next available flight, etc). Can you afford to get stuck? and where would you rather that it be?<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 12:56 PM
Wendy

I have only flown Air France coach and was very pleased. There seemed to be a little more room than on my previous British Air flights. Also the planes were newer and had the individual tv screens in the back of the seats. The seat config was 2-3-2 which was also very pleasant!!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 02:03 PM
george begley

we normally fly BA but as AirFrance were much cheaper over Christmas from JFK to malaga Spain (change in Paris) we tried Air France, we were most impressed, easy and quick check in, good food, plenty of magazines and newspapers in economy, easy connection in Paris, people very friendly and helpful. I wld recommend AF

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 02:35 PM
Jim

Joan:<BR><BR>Lufthansa--we have flown them both and Lufthansa will get you there and will leave on time. We have found the service better on Lufthansa.<BR><BR>