Search

Chocolat

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 12:39 PM
Chessi

Chocolat

We're going to France in a few weeks. Just saw the movie Chocolat and would love to visit that village. We have a car. Anyone know where it is? The credits were so fast and I'm not used to French names so I can't remember anything except it was 3 words and the middle one was sur-once else is new?

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 01:13 PM
StCirq

The bulk of the movie was filmed in Flavigny-sur-Ozerain, in Bourgogne. Many of the river shots were filmed in and near Beynac in the Dordogne.

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 08:24 PM
tina

Unless you have a particular interest in the movie setting, there are many little towns in the country side that are like that. If you are looking for history and romance perhaps the Loire or Normandy and of course Provence or Brittany or Dordogne, all will have what you are seeking.

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 09:56 PM
Lyn

Chessi: <BR>There was a recent thread on here about where that town is located. I'll try to find it for you & put it at the top. <BR>Lyn

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 05:26 PM
Rex

to the top for pdiaz... <BR> <BR>Postscript: If this forum had an easier way to locate and direct readers to a specific (previous) posting by a unique identifier (timestamp), it would not be necessary to top (and repeat) information so tediously. This is my new crusade, and I am thinking about adding this postscript (when applicable) to every new reply I make here. If you agree with me, then please write to Danny Mangin or David Downing - - [email protected] - - and encourage them to move forward with this improvement (and any others they have up their sleeves) to this best-on-the-web travel forum! <BR>