warmer climates (Caribbean, Hawaii, Florida) this
winter, but it will be with a new addition to the family
- a baby. We are looking for a nice, full service resort
that also has babysitting services so we can enjoy
some "grown-up" time.

Any suggestions?

Old Sep 11th, 1997, 07:10 PM
Tricia

Tanja, THIS IS THE EUROPE TRAVEL BOARD, NOT HAWAII, NOT CARIBBEAN ETC, TRY AGAIN

Old Sep 12th, 1997, 11:11 PM
Deborah Haughn

We are considering a trip to Cyrpus and cannot find a lot of info. concerning children. We have 2 boys ages 2 and 4, who love to swim and are very active. Have any info. on child friendly hotels and such? Babysitting would be a plus
Thank you in Advance,
The Haughn's

Old Sep 13th, 1997, 11:17 AM
Tricia

Deb, Its CYPRUS,and it lies 40 miles south of Turkey, geographically it is part of Asia, but most of its people live like southern Europeans. I went into Fodor's travel lounges for Africa and Asia and still did not see any questions on your island. If you will use the EXCITE search engine and type in"travel to Cyprus" up will come city net. cyprus or www.city.net/countries/cyprus---click on lodging and up came many many hotels. I clicked on one that looked promising, and oh.. forgot to write the name down (might have been Thomas hotel???)anyways it had childrens paddling pool, children's program, game room and seemed nice. If you need help finding it let me know, E-mail me. Good Luck!

Old Sep 13th, 1997, 08:36 PM
L. Montgomery

Tanja,
Congradulations on your new addition.

Most of the better resorts in Hawaii and Florida have children's programs, however I believe these are usually for older children (say over 4 or 5).

My suggestion is to call some and ask if they have "babysitting" I would think that many of then do but you would probably need to let them know in advance.

In Hawaii try the Ihilani Resort & Spa and the Kahala Mandarin, both on Oahu, the Hyatt on Kaui, and Maui, and the Orchid of Mauna Lani on the Big Island.

Florida try Hotels in Palm Beach and Miami for warm weather.

Good luck.