Chico's for England in March?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Chico's travel line, but I'm wondering if this fabric will be too light weight for March in London and southern England. Any advice?
Old Oct 19th, 2003, 01:56 PM

Since everyone's tolerance for cold/heat is different, just consider: The weather in England in March is very similar to east coast US weather at the same time. It'll probably be a little warmer and a little wetter - but basically early spring is coolish and dampish.

So, if you would be comfortable in Chicos in NYC or Delaware in March, they would dbe comfortable in southern England.
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 08:17 AM

I think the Chico's travel line might be OK if you take some black silk long underwear with you. It's lightweight and very comfortable. You can take a short or long sleeve top as well as the bottoms. Then you will be prepared.
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 08:22 AM

I wear Chico's travel stuff all winter here in Northern Ca, in weather quite similar to an English spring. I think it may depend on what coat you are taking. If you have a long, lined raincoat or something like that, you should be fine. If you are just taking a jacket, I would want warmer pants or, as bettyk said, something to go underneath. I have an indelible memory of being snowed on in April in London, as unlikely as that may be, so I always err on the side of caution.
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 08:43 AM

I've visited London 5 times and my last two trips have both been in March; I wore my Chico's travel line out in the evening to restaurants, theatre, etc. Just remember to layer with their tanks or t-shirts and also a long sleeve jacket. I was always comfortable. I've already purchased my airfare for March '04 and I'm keeping an eye on the Chico's sale rack for items to bring along!