Cherry Court Hotle in London?

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Sue

Cherry Court Hotle in London?

Two middle-aged women are planning a three-day stay in London during July. They have asked me for budget suggestions, and the Cherry Court Hotel (near Victoria) looks good. Has anyone stayed there or heard any reports, positive or negative, about this hotel?

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:35 PM
ollie

Topping

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:55 PM
Dale

I haven't stayed there, but go to the Rick Steves web page (www.ricksteves.com) and look up Rick's section on Bed and Breakfasts. (FYI: Rick Steves writes European travel guides and does TV travel shows.) Anyway, people write in with their praises/criticisms for different hotels/B&B's in Europe, and there are several favorable postings for the Cherry Hotel. From what I can remember, most of the travellers said that the rooms were very tiny, but the couple who run the place are apparently the some of the best hosts in Europe, which makes up for the cramped quarters. Take a peak at the web page and then make up your minds. I hope that helps, Dale

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:56 PM
wren

Hello...I stayed at the Cherry Court (on Hughes Street, was it?)in the summer of 2000. How much of a sense of humor do you have? My friend and I had quite a giggle when we saw our teeny room...so small that if you lay on the bed, you can touch opposite walls! I think it was taller than it was wide. Our room was ensuite and anyone of any size would have a hard time using the toilet or sink. We made the most of it and enjoyed its eccentricity. On the positive...it was clean and newly painted/decorated. Overall, it was affordable and clean; there was a basket of breakfast foods/fruit; nice host; but, I probably wouldn't opt for it again. There are sooo many places to stay around Victoria with a full breakfast and more sizeable rooms for not too much more money...but, if odd and fun suit you, then Cherry Court will, too! Have a blast!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:57 PM
Dale

This might be quicker....here's the link to the site that I just mentioned. http://www.ricksteves.com/graffiti/graffiti25.html

Dale

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 07:44 PM
ollie