Reload this Page >

Cheap Sleep Venice October 2001

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 06:42 AM
shell

I'm backpacking in Europe with no set plans as far as dates are concerned. I'm a bit worried that when I arrive in Venice, I won't be able to find an inexpensive place to stay. How important are advance reservations there? <BR> <BR>Does anyone have suggestions on places to stay for less than $100 USD a night?

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 06:56 AM
grasshopper

Try Hotel Marin. It has a website you can easily find with a yahoo search. It's inexpensive, comfortable and has a nice breakfast. You will need a reservation, however.

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 07:11 AM
shell

Thanks! I've emailed them to find out their availability.

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 03:25 AM
Dee

Try www.venere.it and do a search for the apartment type places - I got lucky and managed to get inexpensive reservations for a place during the last weekend of Sept WITH A VIEW OF THE GRAND CANAL to boot !! It's called Palazzo Lion Morisoni (sp)? You can find them on venere.it and it gives you immediate availibility. <BR> <BR>Hope that helps

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 01:38 PM
jean

In Sept 99 I stayed at the Hotel Galleria. Great location on the Grand Canal at the Accademia bridge. Only $60 night for a single with breakfast and bathroom down the hall. The room was tiny and kind of drab, but clean. However, the location and the price couldn't be beat. Have a great time. <BR>Jean

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 06:22 AM
elaine

Hi <BR> <BR>Venice is small, most of its popular small economy hotels book up months in advance, and Sept is still a busy month. <BR>There is a tourist info office at the train station (or perhaps in San Marco, I can't recall precisely) that will be able to assist if you get there and are really stuck, but you may not have many choices.