Notices

Cheap NS/1* Hotels in Nice

Old Sep 16th, 1999, 04:20 PM
DavidB

Cheap NS/1* Hotels in Nice

I am looking for NS/1* Hotel in Nice for my wife and myself for 3 days in November. Does any-one have any information on an Hotel or Web Site that I may be able to access.

Thanks

Old Sep 16th, 1999, 09:54 PM
Diane

I'm not sure what NS stands for (no-smoking?) but I stayed at the Auberge Provencale in old town Antibes, just next to Nice. I thought Antibes much gentler than Nice, and staying in the center of the old town was great. Lots of wonderful shopping and restaurants. Each morning the market was active, and was only a 5 minute walk away. There is a free parking lot close by. We paid about $75-$80 for a room. We chose the largest rooms, and they were huge. I recommend you ask for "Emmanuele", that's the name of a room, not a person. This used to be an abbey hundreds of years ago, and the rooms reflect it. I'm convinced my room was haunted. Anyway, it has lots of character. The restaurant is good, too. I'm not aware of them having a web site; proprietors spoke little English. This might be a good low cost option.

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 04:32 AM
Mary

If you go to www.crt-riviera.fr you will find lots of info.

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 05:09 AM
Kimberley

I stayed in Nice last summer at the cheapest hotel I've ever found. I paid approx. $35USD for a double room with private shower!! To be perfectly honest, it felt more like staying in someone's guest room than a hotel (eg. the sheets and blankets didn't match and the towels were all differnt sizes and colors) but it was certainly clean and safe and the husband/wife who own it are friendly and helpful. Also, although we had our own in-room shower and bidet, the toilet was actually shared (that was the closest they had to a private bathroom). But it was only a few minutes walk from the train (about 20 minutes walk to the beach) and $35!!! If you'd like the name or phone number e-mail me.KK

Old Sep 20th, 1999, 03:59 PM
DavidB

Thanks everyone.

Dianne - NS = No Star

I've found a site that is very helpfull on Nice:

http://www.nice-coteazur.org/americain/index.html

David

Old Sep 21st, 1999, 02:31 PM
steve

David: My wife and stayed one night in Vence, north of Nice, to avoid the crowds, on a whirlwind trip to southeastern France in late May-99.
If you've not been to Nice before, you may find the traffic and noise unpleasant. Lots of good French websites, listing small towns with inexpensive ($50-60) per night hotels.
Here are a few sites: www.beyond.fr; http://w3.guideweb.com/provence; www.eze-riviera.com; and www.gaf.tm.fr.
Good luck.