Reload this Page >

Cheap flight passes that service major cities in Europe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 07:02 AM
Suzanne

I am not renting a car - I plan to get around Europe using rail and I was hoping to find a cheap intra Europe flight. I have tried Easyjet, Ryan Air, and Europe by Air, but they don't fly where I want to go.<BR><BR>Does anyone know of a discount European airline that flies from Rome to London? Trying to avoid the excessive open jaw prices. (Plan to fly round trip from US to London)

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 07:28 AM
Patrick

Go Airlines does fly from Rome (Ciampino Airport) to London Stansted.<BR>A sample summer fare I brought up was for 205 Euros one way -- but could be cheaper depending upon your dates. Check their website: www.gofly.com<BR>I've been playing around with Easy Jet trying to do London to Nice and they do have fares as low as 32 pounds. Perhaps since you are using a rail pass (I assume) you could depart from another destination to save some bucks. I think Rome is more expensive and difficult for those cheap flights than some of the smaller cities.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 04:43 AM
Olivia

We flew on RyanAir from Hahn-Frankfurt to London-Stansted and would use them again. They have bargain airfares at times, but, use lesser known airports. I know they fly to a place near Rome.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Don

Try www.virgin-express.com Rome (FCO) to Heathrow via Brussels.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 05:41 AM
Rex

Go has fares in June as low as 75 GBP ($109 USD) round trip, which is almost half off the one-way fare (130 GBP).<BR><BR>www.virgin-express.com lists a one-way fare of only 36 GBP, but they do not show schedules or availability beyond March, so this may not be a relevant comnparison. And of course, this is connecting service through Brussels. It might be too soon to predict what is going on with Brussels this soon after the implosion of Sabena.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 07:55 AM
Don

Virgin Express is not part of Sabena in any way. They have expressed interest in acquiring core routes and some equipment from Sabena's DAT (Delta Air Transport) division. VE is in good cash position; I would not hesitate flying them. They are a no-frills airline, but serve Heathrow unlike the other no-frills Euro-airlines around London.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Rex

Don,<BR><BR>Sorry if it sounded like I meant that Virgin Express and Sabena are connected in some way. I just meant that fares in and out of Brussels (both trans-atlantic and intra-europe) seem to be both higher and in a greater state of flux since Sabena's collapse. Predicting prices in or out of Brussels for the summer seems harder than it might have been a year ago.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Gretchen

Can anyone suggest who flies between Barcelona and Paris? Thanks.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Don

Virgin Express is not part of Sabena in any way. They have expressed interest in acquiring core routes and some equipment from Sabena's DAT (Delta Air Transport) division. VE is in good cash position; I would not hesitate flying them. They are a no-frills airline, but serve Heathrow unlike the other no-frills Euro-airlines around London.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Don

Good point, Rex.<BR><BR>Sorry about the double-post. I signed back on and must've hit the post my reply button again.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Rex

www.virgin-express.com flies from Brussels (only 90 minutes away from Paris by train) to Barcelona for (one-way) fares starting under 76 euros.<BR>

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Gretchen

Thanks Rex. That is really the ticket so to speak since the folks I am looking for this information are going to Belgium also. They can do that first and then go to Paris.