Reload this Page >

Cheap Amsterdam Accomodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Doug

Ok, I realize many, many have asked about hotels in Amsterdam and I've searched through almost 100 threads, but your ideas of cheap and mine aren't quite the same. Most of the posters in the earlier threads were thrilled to get rooms for $100 per night for two. I have a family of 4 (two adults and 2 teenagers) and $200 a night ain't gonna cut it. Anybody have any cheaper ideas, like somewhere outside Amsterdam that could keep us under $100 per night for all 4? Is The Hague within easy reach by train and is it any cheaper than Amsterdam? If not, I guess we'll be skipping Holland. I've been able to find rooms in my price range in Germany, Denmark and France, but Amsterdam is busting my budget. By the way, our trip is for December 2002 (Off-season I hope).

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 03:23 PM
x

Look at the town of Haarlem, which is quite close to Amsterdam, and accessible by train. There is nothing special about The Hague or Rotterdam. Check the Untours site, especially if you plan on spending a week in The Netherlands. In Amsterdam, look at the Jolly Carlton Hotel -- the larger rooms have a king-sized bed and a queen-sized sofa bed.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 03:24 PM
ingrid

Hi Doug,<BR>try http://www.youngcreative.nl/hotelpag...amsterdam.html where you'll find quite a few 2 star hotels that fit your budget.<BR>Holland in December can be mighty dreary, especially if you stay outside a city, I find. I agree that train connections are superb, but it might still be more fun to stay in Amsterdam istelf. Another possibility could be to stay in one of the beach resorts (assuming that they're cheaper in December).

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 09:18 PM
Sjoerd

Check the Youth Hostel at Vondelpark. They have family rooms available. Clean, cheap and convenient. I think the website is www.njhc.nl

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 06:09 AM
Kay

There were lots of winter and holiday specials at bookings.nl this past year, but they were not advertised until October and November, so you are way too far in advance for them for December 2002 right now. Another option might be the apartment rental site that has been recommended here - citymundo.com I think it is.

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Harvey

I too am looking for cheap but nice accomodations in Amsterdam. I will be alone, don't want too many flights of stairs (no higher than 2nd floor in European terms), and would like something in the Volkspark (?sp) or Museum area. Should I stay in Haarlem? I can get something there for 50 Euros or so.<BR><BR>Any comments appreciated.

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Harvey

Oh yeah, I am going in ebout May 10 for 4 or 5 days.

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 03:38 PM
rbw

I also vote for the vondelpark hostel. cheap, immaculate, quiet and well located. Also extremely comfortable beds. I was there a year ago in December. You can't go wrong.