cheap air WITHIN Europe

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 07:33 AM
Tom

cheap air WITHIN Europe

I rmember reading about an airline that flys within Europe for only $99. Anyone know the name or website of this airline? Tom

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 08:02 AM
Paul

Tom,

Europe By Air sells coupons for $99/flight, all flights within Europe. Their web page is: http://www.europebyair.com/

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 08:22 AM
Rex

Be aware that the EuropeByAir deal requires a minimum purchase of three segments. Many of its member airlines do offer good deals, that are not necessarily tied to the EuropeByAir alliance.

Virgin Express flies a lot of very useful routes for $99 or thereabouts, aand AirEurope has some unusually good deals for routes within Italy right now - - for example, Milan-Naples for about $40 - - much cheaper than the train.

And there are almost too many to recount low cost airlines connecting the British Isles to almost everywhere: RyanAir, klmUK, Buzzaway, British Midland, Go - - and others I think.

Of these, Go is the one that Fodor's might want to consider not using - - a subsidiary of British Airlines with some fairly questionable marketing practices, designed to try to drive the smaller airlines out of business.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 09:03 AM
Richard Selfridge

www.go-fly.com
www.easyjet.com

Both no frills euro companies

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 04:56 PM
steve

Check the current issue of COnde Nast's Traveller for a good article on the subject

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 04:07 AM
frankr

Take care, many budget european airlines (including some of those I see above) don't include airport tax in their quoted fares.Also turn up in plenty of time for your flight, they don't preallocate seats, the late get bumped.
Otherwise they are ok.

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 06:20 AM
Kavey

EasyJet and Buzz certainly show the taxes when you look at their sites, I think Go does as well....

Kavita

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 10:13 AM
Dennis

I flew to Amsterdam by KLM in July 99. I bought the minumum required 3 segment $99 tickets from KLM. I was going to Prague and Budapest after Amsterdam. I flew to Prague, but to get to Budapest, I had to fly back to Amsterdam and catch a connecting flight to Budapest. This took 2 tickets to get from Prague to Budapest. If you need to change a flight, there was a $50 fee. Also some of these cheaper flights will get you to the desired city late at night.

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 11:45 AM
Rex

Just want to point out that the Discover Europe Air Pass - - see www.iflybritishmidland.com does NOT require a minimum segment purchase - - although using it effectively may require traveling back to england (similar to the Amsterdam issue noted above).

It MUST be purchased before you leave North America.

Old Mar 3rd, 2000, 08:15 AM
Michael

I am A student currently studying in London for a semester, and if you want cheap flights check out Ryan air. They have weekly deals that are dirt-cheap. Its not classy but it gets you from point A to point B quickly and safe. Go online for the best fairs from Ryan air

Old Mar 3rd, 2000, 04:32 PM
steve

I booked Ryanair from London-Gatwick round trip to Dublin for 4 pounds!! (Plus tax of about 30 pounds!) Be sure to check various days as the days before and after were as much as 39 pounds plus tax

Old Mar 17th, 2000, 09:13 AM
kathy

I booked my flight from London Stansted to Barcelona for 40 pounds roundtrip on Go...the cheapest I've seen anywhere. Check a search engine for the exact web address.

Old Mar 17th, 2000, 10:12 AM
Rex

I cite the fares for Go - - www.go-fly.co.uk - - as much as other low cost carriers. But buyers beware, if the rumors are true about this unethical experiment by BA to put the startups out of business.

Will Go last much further into the future? At least one of its competitors doesn't think so:

www.easyjet.com/uk/news/20000310_01fs.html

I have no business relationship with either of these (or any other) airlines.

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 04:07 AM
pat

Go to www.lastminute.com to check too.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 02:17 PM
Jason Murray

Re: Ryanair, a word of warning regarding some cities they fly to....some of the airports are a considerable distance from the cities. For example, for Paris, they fly to an airport at Beauvais, some 50 miles away, there is a bus from there to Porte Maillot ( near Arc de Triomphe ) which takes about 1 hr 15 mins and costs about £5 / $8. Also the Brussels airport they use is outside Charleroi, an hour by train from central Brussels. There are buses from the railway station at Charleroi to the airport but as far as I remember they're not that frequent.

Jason

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 05:24 PM
Lupe

By the way, as of March 2000, EuropeByAir does not have the minimum requirement of 3 vouchers/segments.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 07:36 PM
Kim

We flew from Shannon to Stanstead for $59 each and our parents flew from Shannon to Gatwick for $19 each on Virgin Express. I highly recommend them. The planes were very clean, prompt, great service and they actually fed us a meal! If you go to their website you can actually pick your fare froma bunch of options. They fly to many places in Europe. Have fun!

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 06:33 PM
Cynthia

Help me !! I need a good hotel room in Venice, not expensive, as I am a Canadian (money not as good as the US). What's the best way/cheapest too to get to the hotels?Also, how far to Brendisi (port) from Venice and cost? What about good boats to Corfu, Greece and their cost? Thanks a bunch.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 07:22 PM
Candace

Cynthia, you need to post a new message or you won't have much luck. However, you may want to go to www.lastminute.com and see if they have any rooms for you theres probably other sites out there too.