Reload this Page >

Chateau de Chissay & Chateau de Beaulieu

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 08:54 AM
David

Many posts have praised these hotels. I was curious as to whether anyone has stayed at and/or visited both and can comment on whether the higher prices at the Chissay are worth it?

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 12:54 PM
cherie

I only stayed at Chissay. I thought the spacious room was well worth the fee. It was comparable to the price we paid to stay in San Germaine District in Paris the previous February. (The hotel in SG was a hole-in-the-wall and Chissay was incredible!) We had a suite with two huge windows /balcony over the front of the hotel. There were fresh flowers every day on our dining room table. The bed was huge and comfortable. The bathroom had a golden mosaic of Aquarius beside the tub. The restuarant treated us like royalty. They lifted silve domed lids off our entrees in unison....our wine glass (they have a cave) was full. The desserts were of difficult technical execution (not one more creme brule). The management was delightful when we were looking for another place to stay wehen we left for a few days in Barbizon. They made the call for us and reserved our room. There was ample parking. I saw (but was too cold to swim in) the pool. The location was at the center of all the chateaus we were touring. I never saw the chambermaids but our room was tidy as soon as we left. They faxed our inquiry within 24 hrs. when we were looking at them as a possible hotel for our trip. The entire experience was wonderful (and we travel a lot).

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 07:01 PM
Dayle

I second everything Cherie has to say about Chateau de Chissay. One recent poster here ended up booking Beaulieu and I think she is there now. Can't wait to hear her report, but I think there are many good choices in the Loire. Have a wonderful time!

Old Jun 14th, 1999, 02:10 PM
kavey

Oooh am I the recent poster? <BR> <BR>I have definitely booked Chateau de Beaulieu but am not going till end August. But will definitely post on my return. <BR> <BR>I can understand why it may have seemed my trip was imminent - I was somewhat panicked and stressed out and had the impression that if I didnt book then, availability would be limited!! <BR> <BR>I looked at the suite I have been allocated on the internet, www.chateaux-france.com

Old Jun 14th, 1999, 07:17 PM
Dayle

Kavey, let us know! Hope you have a wonderful time!