Charming Hotel in Chianti Region

Jan 8th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Cordy

Charming Hotel in Chianti Region

We would like to spend a day exploring the Chianti region in Tuscany and are looking for a charming place to stay for one night. We would like to be able to get a good dinner either at the hotel or nearby. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Jan 8th, 2002, 11:56 AM
DeAnn

We loved Locanda le Piazze near Castellina in Chianti. It was lovely and seems to fit your description. We found it in the Karen Brown book. There is also a review of it on this site. Have fun!
D

Jan 8th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Jim

Cordy,
I believe that the minimum stay at the Locanda le piazze is 3 nights

Jan 8th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Dayle

Cordy, we loved the Hotel Residenzia San Sano in the tiny village of San Sano -just off the Chianti highway & about 20 minutes drive north from Siena. Don't know if they have a minimum stay. Breakfast is included, dinner optional & excellent. There is also a small familty run trattoria in the village that is very reasonable & fabulous - we ate there twice in 4 nights. The hotel is in Fodor's Inns & Hotels of Charm.....and also on the chianti.it web site. They have a pool and are in the middle of olive groves & vineyards. Close to Castello di Brolio too for tasting purposes....

Jan 9th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Betsy Thompson

We were able to get a one-nighter at Locanda le Piazze last September so it doesn't hurt to try!

Feb 9th, 2002, 01:16 AM
Cristina

Dear Cordy
Hi!! If you are going to Chianti you must spend a day with Dario, his knowledge and love of the area is incredible and is fluent in English. He was recommended to me by a friend he took out on a tour years before. I had one of the most incredible days of my life. He picks you up directly in your hotel and takes you to see places tourists do not have access to. He will give you so much info and make you drink and eat some incredible wines and foods. His e-mail is [email protected]