Channings Hotel Edinburgh

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Channings Hotel Edinburgh

Just wondering if anyone has stayed in this hotel...my question, I know it is a little out of the main tourist area. Just wondering if it would be safe at night for my adult daughter and I to walk back and forth from the hotel at night?
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 02:21 PM

Here's Venere's take. http://www.venere.com/uk/edinburgh/
Type in Channings in the hotel name.

They have a lot of current reviews and 365 total reviews shown.

I leafed through about 20, with no real negatives about the hotel. Check out the photos and location map.

You might want to contact the hotel regarding public transportation.
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 02:22 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I haven't stayed there but do know it. I prefer to be in the center of things, but Channings is not all that far out. Probably a bit over 1/2 a mile (easily less than 15 mins) from the west end of Princes Street. Yes, it is a safe area.

If it looks good to you, and fits in your budget, it does get very good reviews.
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 04:50 PM

I have stayed at Channing's. It is about a ten minute walk from Princes Street and perfectly safe for walking , even at night.
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 09:29 PM

as others have said it is not far from Princes street and there are buses that run along that way.You are also a very short walk from Stockbridge a lovely area of the city with some good bars,cafes and resturants as well as some quirky shops (This is the area i was born in), worth heading down the hill to that area for a meal or a wander. loads of buses from there to and from the city center.
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 09:41 PM

the bus system is so incredible in edinburgh-- if it's along a bus route, it will be easy to get anywhere at any time. when i was there a year ago, i really liked the over seas club which was right in the center... and then spent some time along the water at joppa turrets (view of the water) which was a 20ish minute bus ride. the busses were amazing-- and i could enjoy the city center easily from there as well. how did you choose the channings?? kawh
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your replies. I chose it because of the consistently good reviews. Most of the nicer city center hotels are fantastically expensive..since I have to do a conversion rate they are even much more for me. The channings is expensive but like I said got wonderful reviews.
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:31 AM

She will love it. The hotel has a nice private garden, lovely restaurant, bar and lounge. It's also in a very safe area and safe to walk to from the city centre.