Champagne Tours

Old Oct 7th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Champagne Tours

Has anyone done a full day tour with Sparkling Tours?
We are looking to go on a day tour in Reims. We were only interested in going to some small producer vineyards, and they do provide that experience. Do you know of any others?
Old Nov 18th, 2017, 03:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
http://www.reims-tourism.com/Discove...ampagne-Houses
We are just going there our first day after landing early in the morning, got a hotel for the night and are visiting a couple of places. Later in our trip we might go to Epernay by train
and do some smaller houses. I think it is easy to do without a tour. So to answer your question no have not done a tour with Sparkling tours.
Old Nov 18th, 2017, 06:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There is often a disconnect between the fields and where the wine is made (often some miles) certainly it is dead easy to visit Reims or Epernay and go tasting/visiting the wineries without a guide. Tourist info will provide or you just walk up.

I've done more than my fair share of world wide wine visits and the Champagne houses are interesting the fields are far less so.

Small producers are not really in either town, but Epernay TI will show where to go (there are loads around but just to the south west of epernay is a little group all together. They also rent bikes

If doing it on your own note that hours of opening are restricted, the management of that by a tour would be useful