Reload this Page >

CHAMPAGNE and ALSACE

Search

CHAMPAGNE and ALSACE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 02:50 AM
Andrea

CHAMPAGNE and ALSACE

I will e traveling through these regions in a couple of days. I would like to stay in the vicinity of Reims and Colmar. I prefer quaint charming places under 100USD, not nessecerily in town. <BR>Please help, you may e-mail me with information as well.<BR>Thank you,<BR>Andrea.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 03:04 AM
AnnaC

This place is probably at the top of your price range - although their cheaper rooms should be OK. It may also be a bit far from Reims for you, but it's definitely worth considering. In addition to being a very friendly and pleasant hotel, the restaurant is superb and it is definitely worth finding the money to eat and stay there if you can.<BR><BR>The hotel is called Aux Armes de Champagne and is in the village of l'Epine. Their website is www.auxarmesdechampagne.com<BR><BR>If this isn't right for you, then perhaps it will be right for someone else. I hope you have a great trip.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 12:22 PM
kam

Deux Clefs in Turckheim and St. Martin in Colmar. Hotel Le Rapp in Colmar is also very good although the rooms are small--small brasserie for dinner. Colmar is a fantastic town.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 03:45 PM
Mika

Invest in a RED Michelin Guide book and use it as your bible. That is what the natives do.

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 09:20 PM
RC

Hotel St. Martin is in a GREAT location in Colmar. Good size very clean rooms and nicely decorated. I remember paying much less than $100 for a double about two years ago in September. Colmar is such a fantastic town that we went back again last year (but stayed this time at Riquewihr at Hotel le Dolder - another fantastic fairy-tale-like village near the vineyards).

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 09:34 PM
Diane

I just returned from Alsace. Stayed at L'Ami Fritz in Ottrott, near Obernai. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel. You can read a detailed report about it and the area at my webpage:<BR>www.travelswithdiane.homestead.com/trip2001pg1.html<BR>