Cesky Krumlov - by Bus or Train?

Old Feb 14th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cesky Krumlov - by Bus or Train?

Which is best for sightseeing?
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 12:55 PM
jrpinto

Bus. I didn't even see the train station when I was there. There are no direct trains from Prague. The town itself is a short walk away from the bus station.

Old Mar 31st, 2008, 12:24 PM
WannabeinaMontserrat

Actually a taxi from Ceske Budovice. You can take a train but it is a commuter train that will be over-crowded & stops about every 50 meters. From the train station (in Ceske Budovice)grab a cab, they will take you to the main square (in Cesky Krumov). Go right to the tourist office, they are most helpful & friendly. The train station is up the hill & around the corner from town, about a 15 minute walk.

Old May 18th, 2008, 07:30 PM

We rented a car at the Prague airport and everything was easy to find. It's an easy 3 hour drive from Prague. Once in Cesky Krumlov, you can see everything by foot. Park your car and forget it until you are ready to leave.
Old May 29th, 2008, 06:01 AM

We were going to take the bus to Cesky Krumlov but after checking online I found a wonderful option to this - praguedaytrips.com. Run by a lovely young couple who could not have been more helpful. It was just the 2 of us but would never be more than 6 so a good alternative to the bus/train. Very reasonable and informative plus they also picked us up and delivered us back to the airport for a nominal fee. Check it out -
Old May 29th, 2008, 06:27 AM

We were going to take the bus but I found a wonderful agency - www.praguedaytrips.com and they took us by private car for a very reasonable amount to Cesky Krumlov (or any other place you may want to go) and we had a wonderful day. Would strongly suggest this option.